***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey there, I just joined as well! I'm in the Tulsa area currently. I've been raising rabbits, worms, and bsfl due a bit and I'm stoked to finally be in a place to add some birds. I think I'm getting ducks first, but I'm hoping to have ducks and chickens by this fall.
Welcome! Its a wonderful adventure, the thread is kind of quiet, if you need help, post and let us know

Hi y'all, new here, glad to find an Okie group. Took me awhile to find it. Hope everybody's chickens are doing good in this heat. I've been trying to come up with a name for my chicken hobby and it's so hard. How did yall figure out a name?
I've had chickens in the past for about 5 years, then got out of it for about 3 years and now I'm back in and so happy, I missed having my chickens. The only thing I didn't miss was always ending up with mean roosters, I never did luck out and get a nice calm one. So this go round I'm crossing my fingers, 😂

This coming spring, 2021, my goal is start selling eggs for eating and hatching, but also sell baby chicks. I need to make these chickens pay for their keep and then some.
Anybody willing to give me some helpful advice on getting started?

Our Okie page really is slow and quiet in here.
:wee
How about the local swaps, do yall do good with your sells?
Hello, just joined today. Still learning the format. I’m just getting started with 10 guineas from Atwood’s. Then bought an incubator & put eggs in 20 days ago. 2 pipped this morning & I’m as excited as a kid at Christmas 😊!! Still apprehensive to see if they hatch though.
I bought the eggs at a poultry swap in Okmulgee. It’s 2nd Friday of the month. Still looking for other swaps close to Tulsa, though. Facebook is not a lot of help. 😝

Hello, just joined today. Still learning the format. I’m just getting started with 10 guineas from Atwood’s. Then bought an incubator & put eggs in 20 days ago. 2 pipped this morning & I’m as excited as a kid at Christmas 😊!! Still apprehensive to see if they hatch though.
I bought the eggs at a poultry swap in Okmulgee. It’s 2nd Friday of the month. Still looking for other swaps close to Tulsa, though. Facebook is not a lot of help. 😝
Hi! I just went to a new swap today. It's on hwy 66 between Verdigris and Claremore at the new Tractor Supply. It was a really great swap, lots of different chicks and older chickens, ducks, geese and homemade goods like pillows, book covers, bird cages, bird feeders, wonderful canned goods too!! I loved this swap. They have a facebook page.....POULTRY FARM SWAP FOR CLAREMORE, CATOOSA AND TULSA OKLAHOMA AREAS......
They will have it the 1st Saturdays of every month.
I highly recommend this swap, it was good and very friendly okies.

Yay! Will definitely make it next time. Since last writing I’ve had 3 hatch & seem to be good. Little strange that they are 3 different colors for same breed of chicken :hmm. (Blue Maran) Just happy 3 hatched.
I’ve been on here all night last night, reading & my brain feels scrambled.(No pun intended) I still have 3 that havent pipped or anything. Another one pipped but did not make it🥺. So out of a dozen, I have 3 live chicks 6 bad eggs & 3 unknown.
I tried to candle them but all three look completely different, not to mention they’re dark brown eggs (I do not recommend for a 1st timer).
So one is, from what I can tell, solid (no air pocket)
One has air pocket on both ends (90%sure that one is dead) & last but not least, one looks kinda ”normal”. With a pretty obvious, but small air pocket. So I’m off to find the candling section.
Did you buy anything today?

Alright now I'm trying to figure out how to post pics onto my profile status posts. Or heck how to post any anywhere in here :confused:
look above at the little icon, looks like a pic, click it,

1599419485449.png

or screenshot and paste

Back
Top Bottom