***OKIES in the BYC III ***

It won't be here till satuday, the guy was nice enough to agree to bring it to us since the only vehicle we have to pull it with probably wouldn't have made it :p I'm excited, I have memories of my dad letting me steer the tractor when I was 3, can't wait for my girls to get the chance to do the same.

HAHAHA.... hilarious but scary at the same time.

Oh I forgot. I am needing a bunch of plastic mayonnaise or miracle whip jars. You know the ones with the wide opening. I don't need the lids just the jars/containers. Greatly, greatly appreciate it and so do my chickens.

just going to leave us hanging there? Do they need to be glass or plastic?
Buster your goat;s wer playing KING of the MT on my truck to day..

My dad always told me astory about an uncle that had a really nice brand new convertable car, went to a family get together, came out and the goats had destroyed it, caved in the cloth top, eaten some of the inside, tons of dents in it.

Ah, I see. No, DS's Ameraucanas and his two Sumatras from MichaelD wouldn't stay in the yard. Can't clip and show and city has a "no fowl at large" bit, so we had to pen them. They were instigating the others to jail break as well.
barnie.gif
What does it say about me that a stranger 3 blocks away saw a chicken in his driveway and came straight here? Maybe now officially the crazy chicken lady?

There is a volunteer mulberry in the run I'd like to let them keep. I thought it could just grow up through the chain link and I'd roof on either side of it.

I have POOPS down on my calendar and hopefully can come and bring someone else as well. Desperately need to carpool. I only get 13mpg.
th.gif

My tortoise got out one day, the postman found him on my street and some how knew he belonged to me..... Crazy turtle lady I guess

This is a "public service" announcement for those of you who are curious about becoming a beekeeper. Central Oklahoma Beekeeper Association will have an Introduction to Beekeeping class on Saturday morning, March 24, from 9-noon. The class will cover some very basic topics and costs $20. For more information or to sign up, go to http://www.okbeekeeper.blogspot.com/

The class will be in OKC at the OSU county extension office located at 930 N. Portland. Also, if you are still looking to purchase one or more nucs of bees this Spring, send me a PM and I should be able to give you some contact information for folks selling starter hives of bees.

oooooo, I'll have to see if I can find a babysitter

morning! we had bee's swarming the peach trees yesterday- haven't seen that in a couple years... someone close must have hives...
yesss.gif

looks like my other 2 hens are recouperating, i think i found a couple sources of contamination- poor birds aren't happy staying locked up-

Good morning everyone!!!!!
I have a few hours this morning before getting to go to work and thought I would hop in here and see what everyone is up to today. I dont think we will be getting much done outside today with all this wind.

morning! we had bee's swarming the peach trees yesterday- haven't seen that in a couple years... someone close must have hives...
yesss.gif

looks like my other 2 hens are recouperating, i think i found a couple sources of contamination- poor birds aren't happy staying locked up-

I'm glad the other two are getting better, sorry you lost the one. Hope you're right and found the source

Evening folks!
Cowboy what kind of hen is that black one with the topknot? It sure looks like an Icelandic! Thats about the size their topknots are and the shape they are built too.
Tired,it was a long and busy day. An older pigeon gentleman had to get out of the pigeons because of his healthe so he called me and another pigeon friend to come and get them. I ended up bring home 147! All are performing rollers. He has raised these for some 40 years, I was glad to get some of his stock but would gladly give them back to see him able to keep them. It was really sad. I'll get pics tomorrow. There are a lot of almond colored ones which are my favorites. I guess I am going to have to make me some kit boxes since there are so many. My loft is way to full with the new ones and the ones I alreadyu had.
It was down right chilly here today. Below freezing tonight. Hope my plum blooms survive!

Joe sorry to hear about the Centerton sale stopping. I was looking forward to getting to go to it. Sounds like it was a good sale so maybe someone else will start one up since there apparently is a need for one in that area.
well you know what they say,"when mama ain't happy no one is" ! Mama ai't at all happy,she just dropped her I phone in the toilet! No I am not laughing,
gig.gif
Funny its not near as horrible as when I took my phone swimming,twice,or washed it ,twice! Talk about your double standards!lol

Wayne I think it is a black spitzhauben, I have 3 of these. Excellant layers. I have some chicks out of these that are out of the blue NN rooster also. They are going to have the topnot and v comb. Looks kinda funny on the NN chicks. Sounds like you will be needing a neck brace before long after all the hours you will be looking up in the sky watching your new rollers.

Back
Top Bottom