***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Robin & Bill,

The goose and gander made so much noise today that I let them spend a few hours with the ducks. They walked around together for about three hours, used the pool, ate a bunch of something they found under John's old Ford truck, and slept in clumps under the trees in the side yard. When I needed to go in, I herded the ducks back to their pen and the geese back to theirs. Everyone was happy. I think I'll do the same thing tomorrow if the weather is nice. They won't be able to stay out as long, though, since I need to put birds in cages for the Coweta sale.

Robin & Bill,

The goose and gander made so much noise today that I let them spend a few hours with the ducks. They walked around together for about three hours, used the pool, ate a bunch of something they found under John's old Ford truck, and slept in clumps under the trees in the side yard. When I needed to go in, I herded the ducks back to their pen and the geese back to theirs. Everyone was happy. I think I'll do the same thing tomorrow if the weather is nice. They won't be able to stay out as long, though, since I need to put birds in cages for the Coweta sale.
I used to worry about finding one of the animals eating something I couldn't identify, Princess eats weeds and horse droppings, the goats eat all manner of strange things, the Roosters call their hens over to nothing starting a feeding frenzy and they will eat anything that looks like it might have been what the Roo was talking about but his mind is set on distracting the girls for his own amusements, The ducks eat anything moving I don't think I could safely lay down in the yard any more, the geese seem to be the only thing out running around that are kinda picky about their food LOL I'm sure they enjoyed the chance to socialize I bet they both will enjoy the pond a lot although there will probably be some wailing and gnashing of bills take place for a little while LOL

Edited to clarify "Gnashing of BILLS not Bill"
ep.gif

Last edited:
A pigmie goat roasted on a smoker for about 10 hours with some of that green stuff would make short work of the goat. I grew up on goat meat, and I do like me some smoked goat.
I just want to say that even mentioning a smoked goat is not cool, that is unless it is either going on the smoker, or is already on the smoker and there is an open invite.. Nearly the best eating I know of, the other I will not mention on this forum but is not beef, chicken or pork.

Last edited:
I just want to say that even mentioning a smoked goat is not cool, that is unless it is either going on the smoker, or is already on the smoker and there is an open invite.. Nearly the best eating I know of, the other I will not mention on this forum but is not beef, chicken or pork.

But now I'm dying to know
hu.gif

hey Bill, i suspect the gander you are getting from us may make that dog change his tune- he will go after dogs- maybe thats a good thing?

been busy trying to figure a way to get the broodies out of the big coop before next week- do broodies need to be serarated? i have 3 ee's and my glw jewel, should see the babies hatching starting monday-
I put hens who had a hatch the same day together and they are doing great. The chicks seem to enjoy the double protection/nurturing.
Quote: Would that include alligator, shrimp, crawfish and frog?

I put hens who had a hatch the same day together and they are doing great. The chicks seem to enjoy the double protection/nurturing.
Jack has two game hens that were sitting on two near by nests but only one chick hatched. They are both raising the little chick. Today the huge Hair Sheep ram got too close to the chick and one hen flogged his nose really good. Now the ram is very careful to stear clear.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom