***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Killed a 6 foot rat snake today. He ate one of the young rollers Okie doo gave me. But he wont eat another. Killed a large bull snake about a month ago. So far I am very pleased no more of a snake problem than I have. It could be much worse as much wood piles and stuff as I have here on the place. Mom doesnt want me to burn them as she said Dad piled them for rabbits to hide under. It must have worked, we got lots of rabbits. I took care of several cats when I first moved here. Once they were relocated, the rabbits have done well. Wish the snakes would just eat rabbit.

lau.gif
My thoughts exactly! We have too many snakes around here...so far only lost 8 quail chicks though...been keeping the rest at bay. (My 6 shot might not be available right now...but the 20 gauge sawed-off does wonders for charming snakes!)

Just put my Granson to bed he LOVE's looking at all the cool pic's you guy's post he is only 3yrs old ..My wife even liked the pic's of the cool garden stuff ..When i told her to come look she said i am not coming over to look at a chicken ..I said it's not a chicken it's that lady that grow's all the stuff an take's pic's of it..She said wow that is a nice lay out.... With out all the cool pic's it would not be BYC....THANK' s To all of you that take the time to post all of the pic's ...

Bfran They sure had alot of pickled egg's at the auction from 3 dif peep brot thim but no qwail egg's pickled just chicken .. The Newcastle sale is the first an 3rd the Blanch is 2nd an 4th the only sale on the 5th sat is the GuyRose sale up by perkin's ..

Upcdayz don't run off! Ignoring the fussing & drama has to be easier than experiencing the chicken talk withdrawals.
Glad to here Blanchard is still on, not sure if we will make it this wk or not. We are WAY busy around here. Whoever thought planning to build a house while the garden is coming into full swing & DD is brooding all these birds & hatching each wk didn't realize there are only so many hours a person can put in & still crawl out of bed the next day.
Kass thanks for the how to. Dnk if anyone responded to your tomato question, yes tomatoes can be water bathed, no pressure canning required. Not sure if my kitchen aid has a julienne slicer, guess I need to look. I use zucchini as lasagna noodles, but never tried it for spaghetti. Doubt I will try the squash candy, I have never even let my kids drink Kool-aid. DD reacts to blue food coloring (hives, swollen lips & face). Easier just to do our best to avoid food coloring. I may brainstorm other flavoring ideas-- think I had read up on zucchini candy a few yrs ago.
Last yr my to do list was pineapple zucchini but never tried it. Just zucchini canned in pineapple juice. Found a recipe for zucchini cobbler.... It is on the list of things to try also. Every yr I always make a BUNCH of zucchini relish. We LOVE that stuff.
Yesterday everyone was talking about there okra just starting to bloom & couldn't believe we already had pods. Picked maybe a dz okra pods so far. The okra we planted are the red type too- wonder of they mature faster? I don't guess I ever looked at the DTM.
Just checked the weather. We have a 50% chance of rain tomorrow so going to get out & pick some more greenbeans today & spend a few hours cleaning inside the garden.
Going to have some coffee then drag the kids out of bed. I am expecting grumpy monsters, but they sure don't like doing any outside chores once it warms up in the afternoons.
Hope everyone has a great day!!! I will check back in when it heats up & we tucker out.

Back
Top Bottom