***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote: Thanks for the offer. I'll candle again before lockdown. I think I may order one depending on the cost.
Most of the eggs I had to pull were cochin and Aussie/Cochin cross. Looks like I need to do some feather plucking to improve the fertility.

Had to take some pics for a friend in another state so thought I would share here as well,

CJarvis...Love the pictures. Is the first pair the Opal? The Birchens are looking NICE!

Finally picked some carbon tomatoes today that were not cracked & ugly, they are still a tad green around the top--- but I snatched them up since they were not cracked. A few weighed close to a lb each! Also picked our first ripe cantaloupe & a sugar baby melon. Yummy! DH is suppose to be home shortly & is off tomorrow so I am making a large batch of salsa.
I don't want to speak to loudly, but I haven't seen a squash bug in about a wk. maybe it is getting to hot for them?

I moved the ducks out to the big pen with about 4 inches of water in their kiddie pool. They are happy ducks! Also have another hen I have kicked off a nest 2 days in a row. If she doesn't give up guess I will give her some guinea eggs that are due to hatch this coming wk. Not a single one of girls wanted to sit until it got hot now they seem to all think it is a fabulous idea. The chickens have also learned the squash bushes hide the most grasshoppers while providing a nice shade. 3 chickens easily disappear in one bush then someone catches a grasshopper & you suddenly see them appear form beneath the leaves.

I know today is suppose to be cooler, but my dogs are already inside napping. They said it is still too hot to play outside! However the goats do amazing! I wait to open the pen until lunch time then they stay in the woods eating brush all day.

We an on trying to make the Newcastle sale next wk. hopefully will see a few of you there!

WOW!!!! There is a STAR among us!!! Today i picked up a cpopy of the Backyard Poultry Magazine and on page 62 there she is!!!!! Our very own Miss Grace of Graces Bantums, showing one of her beautiful Black Cochin Bantums!!! Congratulations Grace!!! (I know your not on here a lot much anymore but maybe someone will pass on the Congrats!!!) Whooo Hooo!!!!
love.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
Lynn

we had this happen under a broody cochin out in the yard... Big egg
and the first one to hatch..... They lived on and were sold by AnnaBell. :eek:)

(sorry double yolk hatched twins )
And Gracie Rocks !!

Last edited:
i took two of my extra young Americauna roosters to the Guy Rose Auction today!!! The auction was packed, lots of chickens from baby chicks, hens, young birds, roosters, started pullets, rabbits, quail, turkeys, geese, ducks, some cages etc.... I struck it rich!!!! i got $.50 (that's fifty CENTS) for each bird and paid my commission, stood in line 45 minute to collect my $.20 ( that's twenty CENTS) and then went and drowned my sorrows all alone in ice tea and pork cutlet and fried shrimp with baked potato and corn on the cob, then forced myself to endure the cookies and ice cream desert torture!!! Than rolled on home and kicked back with some antacids and ice water!!! Hey that's how I roll!!!!! Two less mouths to feed here!!! Win Win situation!!! YES!!! Lynn
old.gif

i took two of my extra young Americauna roosters to the Guy Rose Auction today!!! The auction was packed, lots of chickens from baby chicks, hens, young birds, roosters, started pullets, rabbits, quail, turkeys, geese, ducks, some cages etc.... I struck it rich!!!! i got $.50 (that's fifty CENTS) for each bird and paid my commission, stood in line 45 minute to collect my $.20 ( that's twenty CENTS) and then went and drowned my sorrows all alone in ice tea and pork cutlet and fried shrimp with baked potato and corn on the cob, then forced myself to endure the cookies and ice cream desert torture!!! Than rolled on home and kicked back with some antacids and ice water!!! Hey that's how I roll!!!!! Two less mouths to feed here!!! Win Win situation!!! YES!!! Lynn
old.gif
Yes Lynn, this time of year I will almost eat anything before taking it to a sale. Hot weather = low prices. Did they hae any game roosters there?

old.gif
lol.... Thank you for sharing...
lau.gif

old.gif
My goodness...the heat did that to the sales! How were the other poultry breeds selling...like prices on geese and ducks and turkey? Sheesh...would be better to do a freezer camp than to take some to auction.

Back
Top Bottom