***OKIES in the BYC III ***

While I was typing this the insurance company called and the young man has attempted to file a claim with our insurance for repairs on his truck. Think his load is a few brick shy of a full load.
There's just no end to his stupidity, is there?
gig.gif

Kass, it really is addicting! I just love candling the eggs and watching the babies jump around in there. I look at them after they hatch and am just amazed at the miracle of it all. These precious little chicks formed and hatched because of ME. I guess that's why I feel so responsible for them. I never bred a single animal in my life, I spayed and neutered & gelded and banded *every* animal I ever had. I did rescue for so long that I couldn't get out of that mindset. Then I discovered incubators! It's been a downhill slide every since lol

hey everyone. i'm looking for a couple who came the the NEOCS. Matthew and Tausha? they brought lots of nice birds but i only had eyes for the Swedish Flowers that i bought from them. Does anyone know how i can contact them. I think they are out in Jennings?

I have a question and hope somebody smarter than me sees it........I THINK it was on here that I read about Chickens being Lactose Intolerent (SP?). Anyway, today I was reading about Bresse, a French breed and it said that they are fattened-up by feeding them grain and whole Cows milk....now I'm confused...does anybody know???? Thanks

We found a Modena pigeon with a banded leg on Sunday in our garage. We are currently looking for her owners, but if we are unable to find them we will probably need to find her a new home (we are ALL a little tempted to keep her, but we aren't really set up for a pigeon and we have no "friends" for her).

If you know someone in our area who keeps these kind of pigeons and would like to have her, please message me. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Kass, the hatching thing is dangerous!!! It gets addicting really fast!

Nana, I am so glad Charlie could help. He is really a nice guy. We have known him for years, he is really a good ol' country boy trying to keep this county a nice place to live.

Kids had their first day of homeschool co-op. It was a good day for them all. They love all their teachers and classes. Hopefully that love carries throughout the year, lol.

I have a question and hope somebody smarter than me sees it........I THINK it was on here that I read about Chickens being Lactose Intolerent (SP?). Anyway, today I was reading about Bresse, a French breed and it said that they are fattened-up by feeding them grain and whole Cows milk....now I'm confused...does anybody know???? Thanks

My husbands grandmothers raised her chickens and turkeys on cottage cheese. Never heard of them having a problem. She made it from the extra milk her dad had on the farm.

hey everyone. i'm looking for a couple who came the the NEOCS. Matthew and Tausha? they brought lots of nice birds but i only had eyes for the Swedish Flowers that i bought from them. Does anyone know how i can contact them. I think they are out in Jennings?

Cathiesue did you try going to the NEOCS thread and looking through the list of people with booths? Might find a last name or a screen name that way. Some of them also listed the birds they were bringing. It's worth a look.

Your question intrigued me so I did a little research. Here's an interesting article, and a pertinent quote from it:

"Some milk products do not contain lactose, such as cottage cheese and other types of cheese. Generally, it is thought that it is safe to offer yogurt and cheese, although products that contain lactose are probably safe, if offered in small amounts. Interestingly, live culture yogurt does contain lactose when it is produced; however the live organisms in the yogurt consume the lactose, eventually removing the lactose entirely from the yogurt before it is consumed! "
http://www.exoticpetvet.net/avian/dairy.html

The article also says that in general they will only eat as much of it as their bodies can handle, at worst they will get diarrhea if they eat too much. I understand the lactose in raw milk is somehow a different form/easier to digest than the lactose in homogenized milk. Birds seem to handle it better.

Back
Top Bottom