Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have utility Kings...and don't even know of anyone with them! I have Indian fantails and might could bring some rollers, lahores, and might know of some homers. I will holler at some folks and check on utility kings for you...not sure about those. Are you gonna bring anything?

Anyone have button quail?

Last edited:
Gerald and I will do our best to get to the Shawnee show around 11 on Saturday with chicks that several Okies have spoken for. We probably have more silkie and turken chicks for $2 ea., and silkies that are over a month old for $4 each. There's more chicks, I just don't know for sure what's in the brooders til I start separating them on Saturday morning.

Quote:
I THOUGHT about it...but decided I didn't want to have to drive with fluff getting stuck in my mouth!

I'll be the 6' tall blonde with University of Arkansas Poultry Science shirts on! lol! Also...I'll probably be the only one there with Single Comb Black Minorcas...so stand by the pen for about 5 minutes...and you'll see me I'm sure! lol

Quote:
No I'm not bring anything this year, I really want some pigeons, and I want to see how things will be set up..Thanks for checking around for me..I have tried to find someone here in Oklahoma with no luck..
Until about an hour ago, I was talking to TJ's Na-Na from Tahlequah up on the Poultry show and swap meet listings and she may be able to hook me up with a couple pair..so If I can come up with a couple pair from shawnee I will be stepin in high cotton..
smile.png

Don
big_smile.png

Mikarod, I think you should fluff it out and come in the suit..Really give all those out of state people something to remember Oklahoma by..
lol.png
lol.png
ya.gif
ya.gif

Don
big_smile.png

BTW: I will be the old short fat guy with long hair and a BYC hat..

Okcarla.....the picture is driving me nuts ! Aren't those Pyranese
puppies ? We lost our female last year and it just about did all
of us in. Hubby says "No", not this winter. Do you raise them?
What would be the chances of reserving a female puppy late next
spring? Yup, I already know, they are a total pain for that first
year, but then, they are almost human. "Sassy" understood
every word we said, and there were no uninvited critters on our
place. She was a huge female. I would love to find another one
that was from smaller stock, and even then would love to get
my hands on the "runt" of the litter. These kids think that their
critters should be able to come in and play.

Mikarod.....the chicken suit is a must ! .....LOL

As far as us, we look like Mutt and Jeff. Bill is 6'4" and goes about
230. I'm 5'5" and go about 118. Hum...Mutt and Jeff....I just
dated us, didn't I ? We'll both have on turquois jackets with
turquois/red/black trim. If you see a cage in White Old English,
White Cochin Bantum, or New Hampshire Red Bantum that is
labeled "Tommy Bailey", we shouldn't be far.

Am totally clueless what we have gotten ourselves into, but am
looking forward to watching and learning. We've had these kids
since they were 10 mos. and 6. They're 9 and 15 now. Guess
we're in it for the duration.....

Considering my age and IQ, if you walk up and tell me who you
are and I pull my notes out of my pocket, I'm just checking to
see what it is that I wanted to ask you.....LOL

Hope everyone has a super nice weekend.

Thanks Cammie, My knee is better but still hard to get around on. If I did get a wheelchair I wouldn't trust the kiddo (Jared) to push me. I would end up with two broken legs after he crashed me through the wall.
I have to overcome a bad knee, choir rehearsal, a wedding and shopping in order to make the show.
Also Friday is our anniversary and if we don't celebrate on Friday it will be on the list for Saturday.
I still hope to make the show and meet everyone.
Take lots of pictures fior everyone tha tmight not get there.
Monty

TJ's Na-Na :

Okcarla.....the picture is driving me nuts ! Aren't those Pyranese
puppies ? We lost our female last year and it just about did all
of us in. Hubby says "No", not this winter. Do you raise them?
What would be the chances of reserving a female puppy late next
spring? Yup, I already know, they are a total pain for that first
year, but then, they are almost human. "Sassy" understood
every word we said, and there were no uninvited critters on our
place. She was a huge female. I would love to find another one
that was from smaller stock, and even then would love to get
my hands on the "runt" of the litter. These kids think that their
critters should be able to come in and play.

Yes, they are Great Pyrenees. I aquired them all this year and hopefully we'll eventually raise pups next year. They are excellent livestock guardian dogs, and lots of poultry people (including other BYC Okies) have them to guard their flocks and property. We started out with just one, but thought it would be great to preserve the breed. I had a really hard time finding any AKC pups in Oklahoma and was even searching in neighboring states. Lots of people with pyr mixes, but few with purebred pyrs and much fewer with AKC registered pyrs. I just love them! Their personalities are so very different from other breeds of dogs .... nothing like any other dogs I know ... extremely intelligent too! We got our Daisy from fellow BYC Okie Tina, aka luvs2garden2000, but I think she had her female spayed.

Monty, I sure hope your knee heals quickly. I know you want to visit the Shawnee show. Just tell the Mrs. that you want to celebrate your anniversary at the show!
thumbsup.gif

We had 30 duckies hatch this morning!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Its raining duckies at my house....
Had 25 chicks hatch 2 days ago
hide.gif

My hubby is about to strangle me but ohhhh well guess Ill go to heaven a happy chicky moma...
jumpy.gif

See ya at the show on sat

crazychicken, 30!?!?!? And 25 a few days ago? Wow, you've got your hands full!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

But at least they'll be ready to go out by the spring, right??

I've been taking down my old chicken pens this week. Its been kind of sad, but I'm glad its coming down. The grass grew about 4 feet, then just fell when it died. I found a heat lamp hidden underneath it all!
roll.png
The field mice thought the abandoned setup was wonderful; too bad I don't feel the same about them...

Monty, I'm glad you mentioned taking pictures. If I can figure out how to turn off the flash, I think I'll try out my new camera at the show!

The last time my husband and I went somewhere together it was a cattle auction. He appologized for taking me on such crummy dates. I told him it was alright, he just had to go to Shawnee with me.
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom