Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:
Maybe it's just that this time you beat the snakes to 'em.
big_smile.png

Now, THAT is a cheerful thought! NOT!!!
ep.gif

I am getting ready to head to Harrah to get Muscovie ducklings. Y'all convinced me they are real yard potatoes that just want to sit around and get fat. Some of my "neighbors" have asked about purchasing a duck to eat, but I can't bring myself to sell a runner duck for that purpose. The runners just are too small to have much meat on them.

I also found my way to Kings Feed in Harrah this afternoon (formerly D&D)- I am going to like shopping there for feed. Their prices are less than I have been paying - anywhere - it is Nutrena feed and is easy access to I40. It isn't "on my way" to anywhere, but isn't much further East on I40 than the Choctaw exit, where we had POOPS at the KOA. The difference in price more than saves the cost of the extra gallon of gas it will take to go there instead of some other places closer to the house. Thank you to Monty and Lisa for telling me about them.
celebrate.gif

Maribeth, I am glad you tried King's. I have never had a problem there.

maybe everyone just melted down???

broke down and bought a live trap after seeing the coon sittin on the duckhouse last nite... i have no tolerance for him after he killed my duck, smudge- be interesting in the morning to see if we get him!

would love to get a few muskovies, maybe next poops....

i am here for a bit how are you monty?just lots of hot days here.i been up by 6 every morning an feedin an runnin water then back in to the ac till about noon an then run alittle more water to try an keep everyone cool.had to add some fans to my brooders to keep the babies all cool.i have 40 watt bulbs in the brooderes an they have even been to hot during the day to leave on. about 150 americanas up to 2 weeks old an over 50 muscovys right now an i have 10 dz australorp x rhode island reds

Hey folks just a little Ninja post, I haven't been on much in a couple of day's still pretty sick and working in the heat so after I get home I am history. Alyssa's MRI went well today should have some answers in a day or so.

AL

Keeping our fingers crossed Mr. Al! Hope you kick off this bug that has a hold of ya!

Got the yard mowed just before dark.Its hopefully supposed to rain sometime tomorrow.Haveing to water the garden plus the flower beds. Wife is going to have a fir over the water bill this month!

Spent some time watching the young baby chicks this aftyernoon. Having some nice ones developing.The hen that hatched today has 6 mille fleure OEGB!

Well kind of quiet tonight guess I'll hit the sack.Night everyone!

Quote:
I told you, I was going out to Harrah, to get Muskovie ducks !
lau.gif

Twenty eight of the muskovies are in a pen. The two that hatched today are in a cage with a runner duck hen and the two ducklings she hatched yesterday and the 5 runner ducks that hatched in the incubator and for which I didn't want to start another brooder. I couldn't tell this morning which ducklings she hatched and which were given to her. Ducks are wonderful about copying each other and imprinting on just about anything.
jumpy.gif

After I got the ducks settled, I caught up the two Malay hens that were sitting in the corner of the chicken house, along with the 6 chicks they hatched out yesterday and today. I put them and the unhatched eggs into a cage, in hopes that the chicks won't keep going through the chain link fence covered in chicken wire that surrounds the flight pen. The chicks are so tiny, they keep trying to escape and are pretty good at it. Unfortunately, the cat that I just paid $$$ to get spayed (or I would rehome her in a New York minute) likes to lay along the outside of the flight pen and try to reach through for those tiny Malay chicks. I tossed a bucket of water on the cat twice to get her away from the outside of the flight pen. Once the chicks are larger, she will leave them alone. In the meantime however
smack.gif

Hello all. We have had a rough week, but we got a lot of work done on the house. We got all the plumbing done, turned the water on and found a leak. After digging around under the house, we found out the the main line from the meter was cracked. We decided to break down and hire a plumber to fix it. Man I wish I had my plumbing license. Those guys gouged us . . . well it seemed like it. I'm sure the price was fair.

Does anyone have any idea about what would make a swimming duck keel over? Everyone was accounted for when we left yesterday, but when we got home one of the males was floating in the stock tank. I have no clue what happened. I have not noticed any signs of illness in the ducks.

Quote:
Glad that Alyssa's MRI didn't cause her any allergic reactions. What does your doctor recommend for your symptoms of illness? Rest? Cool temperatures? Gatorade? What are you doing about following what you know you need to do to feel better?
old.gif
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom