Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FunChick

It goes well, thanks for asking. We have been super busy with new chicks, building more corals, stretching fences,
the building of our home (so exciting) and a new calf. Our dear "MooCow" had a calf and we named her MiniMoo.
They have pretty much the same markings, with the exception MiniMoo's ears are rust coloured rather than black.
(fotos will be up on the site tomorrow)

How are things with you?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well, we have had a rough go of it lately--we have lost over 25% of our laying flock to a respiratory illness, and then had what was either a heavy worm infestation or botulism pick a few more off...and this morning I had to put down a Polish pullet with something that seems as though it was neurological in nature...but we are still trying!

We put in 800 ft of water line on Memorial Day weekend so I know how it goes with those never ending projects! I-yi-yi! Why does it always get sooooo HOT when we do those projects too!
somad.gif
{ that is me burning up from heat!

Quote:
@ FunChick Oh my goodness. I am so very sorry for your losses. So sad.... *hugs*
The rains have been very harsh on any and everything that has come in it's path. So sorry.
... we lost a few as well but not as many as you; I can only imagine.

That makes me wonder about one of our Turkey Hens... she walks around as though shes 'drunk' or 'dizzy'.
And it started a tad'bit after the rains (i.e. floods) and we live in the belly of a valley so we got an extra
dose of Mother Natures wrath. And now that that the heat as set in she is pretty bad off. -sigh-

I hear ya on the heat and the never ending projects.... it's maddening how hot it got all of a sudden. We
totally skipped the 80 degree weather into some major high temperatures. 800 feet of water-line is not fun; YIKES!
I am having a hard enough time with the fence pulling and corals that we are building I cannot imagine all that water-line.

... I truly hope things get better in your neck of the woods.
hugs.gif

Hello everyone,

Doc and Peaches are kind enough to take the duck eggs for me and bator them out for their remaining time if they are still good... Big Momma quite laying on them this morning and wanted outside so bad... we did try the take the babies away and see if she will lay strategy but no prevail she freaked out with her babies gone and paced the turkey pen the whole time, so we gave back her babies and now she is walking them through the yard... ahhhh and of course being a protective momma she is going after all the animals that get to close... well except for the Proud Poppa who in his James Bond Nature all he wants to do is mate her... WHAT THE HAY?!! I can just hear her... seriously dude I just had your kids our love life is over... ha ha ha..

After not getting any eggs from our girls(chickens) they are laying up a good storm today... YEA!! considering I have had several calls for eggs in the last couple of days.

JEANNIE

Afternoon All!

I need to go out and get a few things done but I is skert. It is so hot out there right now. I need to candle some of the eggs under my broodies one of them has a mess of eggs under her and I need to find out if they are viable. I took eggs away from mine for weeks to no avail. All 4 of them are totally determined to set on eggs. I know if I took the eggs away from them they would just go sit on someone else's laid eggs. That is what two of them have done.
barnie.gif
Just not sure if I am cut out for this hatching thing. Know what I mean? It is very stressful.

Installed a mister out side for the chickens and the llamas to help them cool down. I like the idea of putting frozen bottles of water in the waterers. They may like that. Kinda wish I had a deep-freeze for bigger blocks of ice. Oh well they will have to deal with what they get. I put fresh water out everyday and they have the mister.

Speaking of putting fresh water out I better go do that.
tongue.gif

Back in a bit!

Quote:
Maybe it's just that this time you beat the snakes to 'em.
big_smile.png

Now, THAT is a cheerful thought! NOT!!!
ep.gif

I am getting ready to head to Harrah to get Muscovie ducklings. Y'all convinced me they are real yard potatoes that just want to sit around and get fat. Some of my "neighbors" have asked about purchasing a duck to eat, but I can't bring myself to sell a runner duck for that purpose. The runners just are too small to have much meat on them.

I also found my way to Kings Feed in Harrah this afternoon (formerly D&D)- I am going to like shopping there for feed. Their prices are less than I have been paying - anywhere - it is Nutrena feed and is easy access to I40. It isn't "on my way" to anywhere, but isn't much further East on I40 than the Choctaw exit, where we had POOPS at the KOA. The difference in price more than saves the cost of the extra gallon of gas it will take to go there instead of some other places closer to the house. Thank you to Monty and Lisa for telling me about them.
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom