Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Congrats Wayne! I know you have some wonderful birds (even if some of them are not chickens
gig.gif
)

Quote:
Kwartel, My apoligies, I never knew you were there. I sure would have liked to have met you.
I was talking to all the old crew and was not looking for folks I hadn't met before.
Please forgive me. I am not really a snob.
Hopefully next time I can meet you.

Morning Sooner,I don't know if you were asking me or not but Stimpy and Lou stayed a an hour or two.
It was nice to see them out and about. Al was his usual self, as was Teach.
I pretended I didn't notice just to bug him, but Teach has dropped 30 pounds. He got to wear hsi new pants to the auction.
Maybe he will inspire me. No indication of that last night since I couldn't stay away from the concession stand,

I did no tge to make it to the actual selling part but I did get to go see what they had for sell. Sure wish I could have stayed. I think that I did get to talk to teach. I talked to a guy in brown jeans and he told Mike D. that he has lost 30 pounds. Nice guy.

Is there an auction next weekend somewhere?

poco-glad you had a good sale at brushy cenerton was grait got a pare of mill fler OEGB good ones and a pare of bantam buff offs it was a littel cool out but not as bad as it was at chupps. a friend is making a run for lite sussiks pullets if anyone is intrested please pm me we can pick up more wille we are up there

Sorry I had to leave a little earlier than I would have liked, I just wanted to sit and have a nice visit with my friends without having to be badgered to fill in at the auction podium, I had great time with all of my old friends.

The original Okies crew reunion.
10364_img_1039.jpg

AL

Quote:
Kwartel, My apoligies, I never knew you were there. I sure would have liked to have met you.
I was talking to all the old crew and was not looking for folks I hadn't met before.
Please forgive me. I am not really a snob.
Hopefully next time I can meet you.

Oh, don't you guys worry about it. I had Michael point some of the BYCers out to put names to faces when I was taking a break from chasing Grayson away from the bidding table. One of these days I will be able to come to an auction and concentrate on something besides where he is and what he is doing.
roll.png
I was able to stay long enough to see how much those peahens went for. I'll admit I wanted them and Teach tried to enable me into bidding on them, but alas, I had no where to put them to keep them safe until Bil gets home. Once we get some more pens built in our little piece of the woods, we will have to scour the auctions to find things to fill them up with.

I'm glad that I was able to meet several BYCers that I hadn't met before (and some that I had) and talk a little turkey, peacock, quail and chicken. I think it was around 8:30 when Grayson reached his critical melting point and we needed to make the long drive back home. I was able to cross some items off of my chicken wish list with some beautiful birds that Matthew (MMPoultryFarm) brought for me. I'm sure I'll get to meet even more of you guys over the next few auctions that I'm able to make.

Saw Teach and Michael Daugherty at Mary's Swap meet this morning. Teach's truck could have held more stuff when he left. He may have actually gone home with no more than he came with
wink.png

Bob, who doesn't post on BYC but is at Mary's all the time and is the person who sets in the prices at the Prague exotic auction (which incidentally will be the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving), gave me the phone number for a guy who buys exotic pheasants for a taxidermist. I called him and he will be bringing me a couple of yellow golden pheasant hens to the Prague auction.
woot.gif
Bob also commented that he could smell a skunk while I was standing next to him. It obviously was my shoes.
hide.gif

Anyway, if someone is looking for red golden, yellow golden, lady amherst or swinehoe pheasant hens, this guy has some and I will give you his phone number if you email me or send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom