Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Grace and Okcarla! I also two best of breeds so had two birds in the final run off,but never even thought I had a chance of winning. there were over a hundred birds in our class and some were really nice.I was totally surprised when he held mine up and said Best of Show!And he almost picked my other best of breed for reserve!it was between it and another. I am still in disbelief!But it's nice to have two Best of Shows in my loft!

Poco it's very easy to get addicted to the bantams,especially the oegbs!,But you will have to start buying only pairs or trios,etc. Sometimes it's hard to find unpaired hens. The red pile has always been a favorite of mine also.There are so many different colors of oegbs,it's fun collecting them.Hope you enjoy them.

Well, I made it back from Blanchard. I left Teach, Marybeth, Rebecca, Renia, Matt, Yonderoak/Elle, Michael the Daugherty, mjgigax and a few others to close it down.
The highlight was getting to see Mister Stimpy and Lou.
Had a great time visiting with everyone. Got to see Al for a while also which is always a blast.
Not sure what Teach ended up with but he had gotten serious and moved to the front row. He and Michael were in serious buying mode.
I escaped with only buying one bird. Yes a rooster.
I wish I had bid on a few hens though. Some good hens sold cheap.
Always great fun.

Edited to add:
Sorry I left of Kwartel. I didn't know you were there. Hope you had a good time and please forgive me for not getting around to meet you.
Monty

Last edited:
Quote:
hey glad to see you made it home alright , hope you enjoy those bantams , but i believe those "red pyles" are actually blue red sports if im not mistaken , it was ok i guess helping out but i guess that is what happens when your friends own the auction lol .... the brown reds i bought , won 2nd place in the hotopa show , found that out with that ticket , or at least i think its second place when it has a 2 circled on it

Quote:
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
Congratulations!

Kwartel, It was great that you were able to make it to Blanchard. I am sorry that I didn't really speak to you. You smiled at us and sat at the end of the table, but my tired old brain didn't put a name with you until after you had left. Hope you had a safe trip home.
hugs.gif

I guess my tired old brain was also too tired to exercise caution when I approached a live trap after I got home from Blanchard this evening. I caught a pack rat in it a few weeks ago and it tripped shut earlier this week without anything in it, so I did not think about a skunk being in it when I walked over to confirm, in the dark, that it had been tripped. I am not sure which of us was more startled - me or the large skunk - but the neighborhood and my jeans are going to smell like eu de pew for awhile.
sickbyc.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
hey glad to see you made it home alright , hope you enjoy those bantams , but i believe those "red pyles" are actually blue red sports if im not mistaken , it was ok i guess helping out but i guess that is what happens when your friends own the auction lol .... the brown reds i bought , won 2nd place in the hotopa show , found that out with that ticket , or at least i think its second place when it has a 2 circled on it

Donnie - Thanks for the identification on the blue red sport rooster. I couldn't remember when I got the little guy home, so I looked for pictures on the Internet and misidentified him as red pyle. I think you're right about the hotopa show. The ticket for the Blue OEGB rooster I got yesterday shows a win of second place as well. I think the blue is already my favorite.

Doodle - I know what you mean about buying pairs, but if roosters are the only thing for sale, then boys will be bachelors until the ladies can be found. I was smitten. I couldn't keep my hand down at the auction. I'll take some pictures after church today.

Good Morning everyone. Sounds like fun was had at Blanchard~ Can't wait to hear what all Teach took home.

Wayne, Congrats!!! What a great showing for you!!

POCO, I'm glad to see there is someone else besides me that has been caught by the bantam bug. I never had a desire for them until DD started showing. Will you be going next weekend???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom