Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I no people that use pour on just a few drop's G.B1 use'es it ..on his cornish. I use the injectble Ivomec just about ten drop's down the throat for a 5lb bird..

So, if you are using the pour on version of Ivomec, you would put about 4 drops in their mouth. If you are using the injectible variety of Ivomec, you put about 10 drops in their mouth?

That sounds easy enough, but now I am wondering if you could use paste Ivomectrin - like you use to worm horses - and just use a very small amount and rub it on their tongue or on their wattles where it could be absorbed?

The paste is way cheaper too, if buying that single dose tube for horses, should go a long way in the chicken house.

Quote:
Betsy! That was wonderful!

Al- we lived in our rv for quite a few years= always heard stories like that= you sure they weren't practicing for a movie??

Quote:
So, if you are using the pour on version of Ivomec, you would put about 4 drops in their mouth. If you are using the injectible variety of Ivomec, you put about 10 drops in their mouth?

That sounds easy enough, but now I am wondering if you could use paste Ivomectrin - like you use to worm horses - and just use a very small amount and rub it on their tongue or on their wattles where it could be absorbed?

The paste is way cheaper too, if buying that single dose tube for horses, should go a long way in the chicken house.

that is a good idea- wonder what the dosage would be? wouldn't wazine in the water worm them though?

Quote:
I no people that use pour on just a few drop's G.B1 use'es it ..on his cornish. I use the injectble Ivomec just about ten drop's down the throat for a 5lb bird..

marybeth ive used the safe guard horse wormer , i used a full tube , mixed in a gallon of water

Quote:
I don't have past experience to compare to but my Mille Fleur cochins now have 6 eggs in their laying box. I found 3 Friday night, the 4th one Saturday, number 5 yesterday and the 6th today. There are 3 pullets in that pen. Two are just 6 mo. old and the other is 5 mo. or less. There is a roo in with them but none of them have been trimed. I wasn't expecting eggs yet and doubt if they are fertile. No one is sitting on the eggs yet. Should I take the eggs out or wait and see?
Chickens are getting even more "funner and funner".

The hens probably won't go broody this time of year although it does happen. Besides as cold as it has been at night it would probably affect their ability to hatch.
I would eat the eggs you have and then start bringing the next eggs you get inside. You can save them for five days or so and then add them to your eating eggs. Some people keep them for a week.
You store them pointed end down and they need to be turned once or twice a day. Just put them in an egg carton and put a board or something under one end or edge.
Are you really wanting to hatch chicks now? If so I would do it in an incubator and not under a hen this time of the year. Even if the hens does go broody.
Does Jack have his bator going?

Quote:
I don't have past experience to compare to but my Mille Fleur cochins now have 6 eggs in their laying box. I found 3 Friday night, the 4th one Saturday, number 5 yesterday and the 6th today. There are 3 pullets in that pen. Two are just 6 mo. old and the other is 5 mo. or less. There is a roo in with them but none of them have been trimed. I wasn't expecting eggs yet and doubt if they are fertile. No one is sitting on the eggs yet. Should I take the eggs out or wait and see?

ooo id love to get some eggs from you to hatch or chicks

Hopefully there will be some around POOPS time if not sooner!

Quote:
Betsy! That was wonderful!

Al- we lived in our rv for quite a few years= always heard stories like that= you sure they weren't practicing for a movie??

Robin, Your new Avitar is amazing! - and not just because it is a Cochin.

Quote:

The hens probably won't go broody this time of year although it does happen. Besides as cold as it has been at night it would probably affect their ability to hatch.
I would eat the eggs you have and then start bringing the next eggs you get inside. You can save them for five days or so and then add them to your eating eggs. Some people keep them for a week.
You store them pointed end down and they need to be turned once or twice a day. Just put them in an egg carton and put a board or something under one end or edge.
Are you really wanting to hatch chicks now? If so I would do it in an incubator and not under a hen this time of the year. Even if the hens does go broody.
Does Jack have his bator going?

No, Jack put his Incubator up till Spring. I don't want to hatch chicks now, not til March or so.
Thank you for the info.

Quote:
ooo id love to get some eggs from you to hatch or chicks

Hopefully there will be some around POOPS time if not sooner!

ok great let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom