Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimd, thanks for the auction info, I need to work on my bidding technique if I go to many more auctions!

Countyroad, yes, the dozen hatching eggs I bought are white silkies. I actually bought 2 dozen, but okiechick was nice enough to buy 1 from me. I don't know why I bid on them ... my silkies are still laying. I just couldn't let them go so cheap. They'll probably be for sale as chicks in 21 days!

Oh, and did I mention that I sold a dozen call duck eggs at the Harrah auction? They went for $2.50 an egg! $30 for the dozen!
big_smile.png

The Harrah auction will not be held next Saturday, because of Easter, but they'll be back the following Saturday.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this warm weather. It was beautiful outside today!

Just a reminder, the Afton sale will be this weekend starting Friday as well. They have it on the 3rd Saturday, and every Holiday weekend. Okcarla I have 4 white silkies and that other chicken you said. They all hatched from your eggs !!! Thanks a lot

Carla........... WHOA YOU DID ?
ep.gif
that is awesome for eggs....where was I?
hmm.png

Was great to meet you , wish I had time to talk
smile.png
sorry I missed your leaving......maybe we will make it to another one......I had a hard time with some of the shenanigens that went on.......or looked like it went on there though.... We ended up with a game bird roo for my little siesta
big_smile.png
everything else went to high...... got my silkies in the bator.will be saleing the babies
big_smile.png
I dont need more
barnie.gif

Cammie, you feeling yourself yet?

Sure wish I had 200 bucks and a couple of muscle men !

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mat/608246721.html

OH MAN.......wouldnt this make a great coop?
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/for/608585027.html

Last edited:
Okiechick, we were looking at those sheds on craigslist also ... very tempting! We picked up a free 8 X 8 shed on craigslist a few days ago. It's falling apart when we try to move it to where we want, and still haven't moved it to the right spot in the yard, but I'm hoping it can be repaired to make a nice chicken shelter.

Chickenhead, I'm sure glad you got some silkie babies from the eggs! You're going to like the little Spitzhauben chick too! I'd love to go to the Afton sale this weekend, but it's too far away with the price of gas these days.

Okie16, I have a blue Cochin chick that is feathering out SO slow! It hardly has any feathers, and its one of the oldest. BUT... He already has a comb and is trying to crow, at a month old.

Carla, that is an awesome profit on the Call eggs! May decide to keep em after all? *haha*

Grace, Christie (who rescued some ducks a few months back) came by again to buy some more chicks. She said that my duckling is so small that she thinks it may be a bantam. Ideal has Snowy Mallards, and they are bantams. Think that's a possiblity? I though they had more darker coloring though. I hope I can get that Call egg to hatch so he has a buddy.
smile.png

Okiechick, glad you made it to the Harrah auction AND bought Silkie eggs! You and Carla can take the chicks to the Cement auction and let me buy them. *haha*

I am almost back to myself again. We took my parents to look at our house yesterday. (We don't close until April 4th.) I got so excited because I went on the back porch and could see all the ducks playing in the river right behind our yard.
big_smile.png

Out of the 6 batam's we got, the one thats not feathering out is as big if not bigger than all the others. So I think its getting plenty of feed. We were thinking it might be the breed too. I hope so.

Cammie, if the Duck was a Bantam, Snowy Mallard would be the only possibility. I'm not sure if that is it or not, but just saying that it is possible
smile.png

That's awesome that your house plans are moving along...and that you are feeling better
big_smile.png

How does the Harrah auction actually work as far as taking your older birds. I have about 20 mix of RIR and Barred Rock roosters that are almost a year old from a straight run lot I bought last year and then I have some 1 year old male Pekins that I need to take. I didn't know about cages, if I have to provide the cages for them and they be sold in them or if they had cages to put them in there once the birds arrived. I had all of them posted on Craigslist but it got flagged which is nothing new. Thanks. Allison

Quote:
You bring them in,they put them in cages they have there.......prices were good last friday.......they wont have one this friday.but will the next..... I would keep putting up your ad on craigslist.if your flagged.report it to craigslist and they wont let it happen again......I had that happen once and they kept my ad up for me......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom