Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hey momofthree - Congratulations on the finished coop and the Anniversary - both are great accomplishments! The TSC and Atwoods around this NEOK are no longer carrying chicks - they'll probably get day-olds again in the fall - around September. You might want to check craigslist for laying hens. Here is a CL ad for 10 month old pullets - Pryor: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/1752178325.html

You
might also check this BYC thread for Auctions in your Area: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33248&p=1

The
best thing would be if another BYC'er sees your request and responds!

I have 3 hens that are broody right now. In the nesting boxes I put some plastic easter eggs to encourage them to lay in the boxes and not on the floor. I checked under one of the broodies this morning and the poor thing is trying to hatch one of the plastic eggs! She isn't sitting on any real eggs. Boy she is gaurding it with her life!

Quote:
That brings back some laughter here. We had
a turkey hen that had fought us like a wildcat
for a week when we'd try to see what she was
sitting on....... Bill finally pulled her off the nest...
Don't know where she got hold of it, but she
was sitting on a burned out light bulb........LOL
Guess sometimes the "want to" gets mixed
up with the "ready to"........LOL

Have a good one !

Quote:
I want Corey & Liz to take as many as possible but I'm torn with the whole table top and needing more hands. They have enough OEGB to fill their own tables.
hmm.png
Corey wants to bring a friend or two which will help.

It's always fun when the BYC Show Crew meets up.

I'm the same with the feather legs! There are 15 I can take, but how will I get them all on the table???? And how will I fit them all in the truck
hmm.png

Two things I thought of, but I'm sure you already remembered: The males and females are separate, and the MGBs are separate from the OEGBs. So, both of those divisions would allow you to take more birds.
Out of all the Game bantams, I'll only have one OEGB female, so in any of the other Game classes I can help.

Last edited:
Howdy...continuing on my ninja posting time...

I will really be off for awhile...going to move my mommy!

Have I got some stories for y'all when I get back!!! No use begging cuz i am gone and won't read them
tongue2.gif

School is out! I am tired!

No Marybeth not tonight LOL, made some Fahita's on the grill. It took me forever to clean them all hehehehe. Seems a little slow tonight where is everybody ??.

AL

Quote:
I'm here just, "settling down with a full belly from dinner and reading some post."
gig.gif
I had to to laugh, because although you posted it a couple hours ago, that was exactly what I am doing....
...My DW is always asking if I'm," talking to those chicken people."
On another note, can someone tell me a little bit about NPIP, what age is typical for checking, and who in the Tulsa area can do the test?
Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm here just, "settling down with a full belly from dinner and reading some post."
gig.gif
I had to to laugh, because although you posted it a couple hours ago, that was exactly what I am doing....
...My DW is always asking if I'm," talking to those chicken people."
On another note, can someone tell me a little bit about NPIP, what age is typical for checking, and who in the Tulsa area can do the test?
Thanks
Bill

Hey Bill,

Would she rather you talk with chicken people or Army people?
lol.png

I'll post in a minute and you can see what is for dinner for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom