Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally finished the repairs and upgrades on my quail pen after the Great Cat Attack. I have some heavy top netting across the top, over the light netting that I had, and it is pulled down over the sides of the fence. It is woven on now so that nothing can pull it back and slip underneath. I moved my youngsters back over into the pen today so they have room to stretch their wings out. I think that they will be much happier now. They've been really skittish since it happened. The cat itself has not shown up since either.

My baby quail are growing like weeds and my Buckeye chicks are acting like they think they are full grown. I'm thinking of downsizing to one rooster in that flock, since I now have three Buckeye hens that have jumped the gate to go live with our Australorp bachelor roosters. I think the Buckeye boys might be a little too aggressive in their attentions. I've also managed to get my Jeep up and running again, so I'm hoping to make an auction sometime in the near future. I don't mind driving the truck, but I'm always afraid that my cages will fly out of the back on the highway, along with whatever unfortunate bird is inside...

I hope everyone else is enjoying the fall weather as much as I am.

Quote:
Wow! Very nice!

So are the doors on the side so you can open it up to retrieve eggs?

One is a egg door with 3 nests and the other is a feed door with a built in feeder. There is also a back window that shuts up tight, a lot of extras that make it easy to use and saves the back. My cats loves them too, I raised 48 chicks in my first coop that was 4'x4' until they were half grown. This one is twice the size so you can raise a lot in this one, with the tires you can push it with one hand.

Quote:
I love Fall. Spring, Summer and Winter too. Well maybe not the coldest part of Winter or the hottest part of Summer. I grew up in S.E. Michigan - Winter is a little colder there but Summer is marvelous. I lived in San Diego for 8 years, nice but 72 degrees can get old, especially on Christmas day. I never got used to that.

Evening all, I am finally in the house, wore out tired & going to bed.

Ivy you are in my prayers, I have walked in those shoes.
hugs.gif

Love the chick pic's EL!!

I could do 72 year around! I can't handle the cold!

Evening/night everyone

WHAT A DAY
th.gif
I m so exhausted I can hardly see and type...

OkieCritters: GREAT Chicken Tractor... very nice looking
thumbsup.gif

Elwood Lightfoot with the secret GFM title
wink.png
Congrats on the hatch them are a bunch of cute cotton balls... do I get to claim any of those.. ha ha ha

SOONER: So are we ready to move into your house? I mean you laid those floors down for us right
smile.png

Everyone else... I hope you are having a great night...

Jeannie

Elwood, I love the pic of all those chics, they are so cute!
thumbsup.gif

Made it through a long day with a sick birthday girl but she started perking up after lunch and even ate a bland dinner tonight, so she is going back to school tomorrow.
clap.gif

I have to make a run to Pryor in the morning but I'm hoping to get the top mesh cover over the chicken run when I get back, if it's not raining!
ya.gif

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening and enjoys this fall weather, I am loving it!
woot.gif

Good morning Okies,
Bill - love the pictures of all your fluffy chicks - your homemade incubator not only won the BYC homemade incubator contest for 2010 but it obviously will keep you supplied with as many chicks as you want to raise as well.

Robin, sounds like a chronic respiratory infection - I have to wonder if chickens are like people in that if you don't give them medicine long enough to erradicate the problem they develop a resistance to the medication plus it comes back. Maybe a longer time on medication this round would be helpful.
hu.gif
(paging Dr. NN Breeeder, paging Dr. NN Breeder. You are needed on the Okies in the BYC thread. paging Dr. NN Breeder)

Quote:
Speaking of lollipops...I will have to go through my boy's Halloween candy and make sure that he can't get any more of those out. Last night he slobbered on a tootsie-pop for a while and was then very insistent that I finish it for him.

Fortunately I was able to distract him with a Crunch bar long enough to throw it away without him noticing. I think most of his candy will be traveling to Afghanistan in one of Daddy's care packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom