Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like my Buckeye hen that I thought was going to go broody has decided to hang out on a different nest now.
sad.png
Maybe some of them will get the idea this spring, a broody hen would be neat. I am getting double-yolk eggs about once or twice a week from one of my hens, something else that I have never had before. I am definitely glad that we were able to make the jump out into the country life! Even if it does require things like climbing up on top of the quail coop to attach a tarp over their runs.

Hello everyone, Just checking in. Been a busy day. Funeral this morning and voting and running to get kids. Not gotta get supper over and head to BB practice.

I am still trying to get all the details on the poultry auction this Friday at Harrah. I know it starts at 5:30 and I know its off of hwy 62 between Harrah and 177.

I will try and get in touch with Pat and see what else I can post.

SO what is new besides people posting random thoughts. I have had orange chicken but never blueberry.
I might give it a try.

I think Sooner has been sniffing too much floor stain!

Edited to change auction time!

Last edited:
Quote:
If you are talking about respiratory problems, bubble eye (fluid bubbles coming out of the eyes), runny nose, you know sinus & respiratory stuff. Baytil 100 will fix it, it is a injectable use for livestock, you get it at the vets. It is the best to fix it quick, you give it by mouth for 2 or 3 days, 1 time a day. Turkeys get 1 cc, big chickens 1/2 cc, bantams 1/4 cc. I have used this for years and it is great, it is not the cheapest stuff but it is the best.

Artsyrobin The best cure for your respitory issue is gonna be LS 50 or LS 200 these are the famous words of the all Mighty NNbreeder. He came and treated my flock and has been my health advisor ever since it is truly the miracle drug. if you cant find or access that, get some tylan 50 or 200 and administer 1/4 cc into the left breast make sure not to hit any veins and dont go into the muscle just under the first layer of skin. Also Pick up some vetRX and put about 6 drops in the drinking water turn the bird so its beak is pointing down and with a siringe no needle put some just inside its nasal holes make sure it doesnt drain down. also 1 drop under each wing, and coat the waddles and comb with it. you should see improvement in a day or so.

Quote:
Sick bay??? Are you a trekkie?

only another trekkie would know that!
frow.gif
and i always think they got the idea of tribbles from silkies!

If you are talking about respiratory problems, bubble eye (fluid bubbles coming out of the eyes), runny nose, you know sinus & respiratory stuff. Baytil 100 will fix it, it is a injectable use for livestock, you get it at the vets. It is the best to fix it quick, you give it by mouth for 2 or 3 days, 1 time a day. Turkeys get 1 cc, big chickens 1/2 cc, bantams 1/4 cc. I have used this for years and it is great, it is not the cheapest stuff but it is the best.

no, she gets to sneezing, and gets a gurgle, so i put her on tylan and that clears it up, course that means isolating her, so into the art studio with her- and she ends up sleeping at my feet
love.gif

Also Pick up some vetRX and put about 6 drops in the drinking water turn the bird so its beak is pointing down and with a siringe no needle put some just inside its nasal holes make sure it doesnt drain down. also 1 drop under each wing, and coat the waddles and comb with it. you should see improvement in a day or so.

where is the best place to get vetRX?​

Quote:

frow.gif

no, she gets to sneezing, and gets a gurgle, so i put her on tylan and that clears it up, course that means isolating her, so into the art studio with her- and she ends up sleeping at my feet
love.gif

Also Pick up some vetRX and put about 6 drops in the drinking water turn the bird so its beak is pointing down and with a siringe no needle put some just inside its nasal holes make sure it doesnt drain down. also 1 drop under each wing, and coat the waddles and comb with it. you should see improvement in a day or so.

Atwoods sells it TS sells it also​

Quote:

frow.gif

love.gif

I am guilty as charged!
clap.gif
But I don't do the conventions or dress in costume, and haven't learned clingon yet or anything like that.
lau.gif
I do love all the shows and movies though, and Picard is my all time favorite captain and the sexiest bald man I've ever laid eyes on!
love.gif

Quote:
I'm unfamiliar w/ the product you are talking about, but vicks makes a liquid to go in humidifiers, don't know if it is oily or not.

ok, found the answer at this site-
http://fowlfacts.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=medshhh&action=display&thread=410

any of the vetrx types will work-

You can order it thru most suppliers. It comes in small bottles and also qts. it is for dogs, cats, goats, all birds, rabbits, horses etc. But is the same formula for each only bottled individual species sales.

ingredients:
3.3% Alcohol, Canada Balsam, Camphor, Oil of Origanum, Oil of Rosemary and Corn Oil.

now my curiosity is satisfied!LOL! if anyone want a copy of the info. pm me, i have it saved​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom