Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla, I just had the bright idea to look at the calendar, and the next Blue auction is not tomorrow, but the next Tuesday. You may have already known that.... Sorry for any confusion!

I'll reply to any other post that might need my "input" (
lol.png
) later. Got to go...

Grace,

No, I hadn't heard it wasn't this Tuesday! I was talking to some people at the Harrah auction that said they are going to this one Tuesday! Are you sure there isn't one? I got the day approved off ... not next week! Oh my
sad.png

Okcarla, I sent you a PM, but I'll post it here too. I talked to the auctioneer's wife and she said, "The next poultry auction isn't until the 6th"......????
sad.png

ChicknGurl, do you think you can come to the next Blue auction? (on the 6th)

Serenitychristie, you certainly have enough chicks now !
tongue.png

Ugly Cowboy, rooster0209, and Webfinity,
welcome-byc.gif

Kaacres, congratz on the first chick pipping
big_smile.png

I really only wanted rabbits this time, but somehow ended up with 38 chicks - and that doesn't count the Silkies Carla brought me. I really intend to downsize! What is wrong with this picture?

Same here!
lol.png

Where have all our Okies gone? Let's chat it up. Whats new in the henhouse?
I got a giant double yolk ((I'm sure but haven't cracked it) egg today and the biggest surprise of all, a green egg. I didn't think I had any EE's left but one of my young pullets must be one. Now to figure out which one it is.
I am hoping to get some Maran and Welsummer hens this week. When I do I will probably be trying to sell my blue chickens. Although I am not sure I can let them go.
I plan to go over to Harrah one day to talk with the auction man and air the grievances of our BYC Okie Union.
So all of you lurkers out there, especially our newbies, let us hear from you and about your chicken escapades.
Buckguy

Last edited:
Grace - I might be able to, I can't think of anything I had going for that date (at the moment...
roll.png
I'm a bit forgetful sometimes...
lol.png
) BTW, I've got pictures for you. I've just got to get them off my camera and onto my computer so I can send'em.
smile.png

Buckguy20 - My dark cornish hens have gifted me with two giant double yolkers in the past month, awesome! I also need to restructure my flock, I've too many different kinds from when I really didn't have an idea of what I wanted.

Kaacres - awesome article, I've never had an egg within an egg show up yet.

Quote:
I have two Blue Andalusian hens and I have five other hens that are Andalusian crosses. Three of those I know are Andalusian/Buff Orpington Of the other two, one is blue with a black neck/head and the other has a gold neck and head.
I am not really wanting to sell them but I want to concentrate on the Welsummers, Marans, and my Gold Campines. I have the space for all the breeds but it is a hassle sometimes feeding and watering them with so many pens.
I know you were looking for rabbits. There is an ad in the Oklahoman today about someone selling out. The numbers are 381-4459 or 488-5053.
I sent you an email about the chickens, Tonight would be best for me with church and all tomorrow night and I can't do it on Friday.
Buckguy

yippiechickie.gif
OKIE ROLL CALL!
yippiechickie.gif

We have almost 80 Okie's names on the "Okies in the BYC" list. I am going to do a roll call to see how many are active on the list. I am not taking any names off I just want to see how many members we have lurking out there.
idunno.gif

So if you are still on board let me know.
frow.gif

If you are new and haven't been added to the list please let me know.
welcome-byc.gif

smile.png
Thanks Monty
smile.png

I am still here and very sad! Only one egg hatched. WHen we candled right before we stopped turning them. There was movement in these seven, but now only one hatched. I already had to take him to the brooder. He was so active he was tearing up the incuabtor and pecking at the other eggs. He is very big for a newbie. Or at least I think so anyway. But now he is very lonely. How long should I give the other eggs? He hatched early Sunday morning and Sunday night would have been 21 days.
hit.gif

I'm still here, with too many chickens to count, lots of chicks of different ages, a bunch of turkey poults, call ducks, some guineas .... and not enough pens built to put them all in. Does anyone know of a handyman I can hire to build pens? We have some materials, tools & cash ... just no time or expertise to do it right. Let me know if anyone can recommend someone for the job .... I'll pay cash & may even throw in some chickens as a bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom