Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carla, your Rooster Cogburn comment cracked me up. I too have a little guy who had an eye injury, with a lot of swelling, the abcess eventually burst and drained on his shoulder. leaving a small injury there. He is one of the Salmon Favorelles and it's true what they say about the SF chicks being a bit fragile comparatively, we've had a bit of pasty butt 4 so far, but mostly with the SFs, only 1 was a cochin, but they all seem to be doing pretty well in the kitchen infirmary. The littlest guy, appears to be a rooster as he has the black on his wings, not the beige of the hens, and is smaller due to his struggles, but is getting tough, feisty and onery, so he will be my Rooster Cogburn, (his eye is opening, but appears to have some damage). I had to order the SF's straight run and had intended to give some of the roosters away, but if this little feller makes it, he's staying with me.
wink.png

I forgot to add, for kaacres, that I will share some of my Buff Brahmas, I have young newlywed friend who is taking some of the chicks and one of my son's ag students is taking some, so when it is all sorted out I'll PM you. Aren't Carla's chicks great! These Jersey's I got from her are hunks!

Monty, good luck with surgery, hope you have a fast healing!
smile.png

Yes, I am going to the Cement auction. It will be a little sad, I am selling all of my birds there. Hopefully they will at least go for a decent price. All of my birds are pets, for those who might be interested!
big_smile.png

okcarla :

... gosh, I don't know if I could kick all of the chickens out ... just those over 3 weeks old, maybe

yuckyuck.gif

Okie16, what kind of Bantam pullets are you looking for?

Buckguy, I hope you feel better soon!
And I don't know where EGH has gone off to, it has been forever since I have "seen" him!

Cammie, I am sorry that the 'time has come' for you to sell the rest of your birds :aww​

Monty ... we are all wishing you the best ... I'm sure you will have the best doctors & nurses ... and the best recovery! We expect to see you at the next Harrah auction all bright eyed and bush-tailed!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Thanks very much although I have never been very bright.
Maybe I should have brain surgery instead.
Seriously though, thank you and everyone else for all of the well wishes and prayers.
Monty

Hi everyone, Im new here. . . I have 25 chicks that are about 10 weeks old -- (they are an assortement from Orshelen) -- we are so enjoying them. They are so much pets already that when I walk out the door they run over to me, I can hardly walk from tripping over them.

smile.png
I live in Edmond, Oklahoma and am looking for some peacocks to raise in my neighborhood....we already have turkeys but I would love to have some peacocks. does anyone know of anybody out there that sells or wants to get rid of some ....? please let me know. thanks

Quote:
One of my roo's is a black and white banty. As far as if it is a mottled cochin, I don't know. When I get home tonight I will post a pick of both the roo's I would like to find a home for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom