Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Glad to help!
thumbsup.gif

Here's the answer:

DH -- Dear Husband
DS -- Dear Son
DD -- Dear Daughter

lol, ok thanks for clearing that up for me, was drivin me nuts!

Depending on the day and time it could mean "dear" husband, "darling" husband, or "d@mn" husband
wink.png

Last edited:
Morning everyone..
caf.gif

Thought I'd drop in real quick before I head to the park and kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt this morning.

No rain yesterday but lots of wind and clouds.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
smile.png

Morning all!
Nanakat I really like the pic of them walking away! Thats so cute,you can just read their minds,"what is that over there,better go see!"

Survived the storms again,they went north of us. I got up about two and listened to the tv reports for a while to make sure. I could hear them and was sure hopeing they didn't come over!

Game hen is hatching,I took out three chicks this morning,one game and two mottled OE,she also had two wet red cochins and more eggs pipped,now to figure out who is next!
Cloudy and cooler today but still in the 70s. Talked to my high school best friend last night,he is in the mountains of eastern Oregon. They had 40 yesterday and still have two feet of snow on the ground!He said they wouldn't see 80 till July!They can raise no garden because it frost every month!

Did you all see Donnies colored chicks? I just love those brilliant colors! Would love to have some of those in the brooder!
Your right Joe Studely isn't a hampshire,maybe a black star or that other heavy layer cross that I can't think of.

Quote:
Sooner, glad you got some rest! If you will do that a few nights in a row, you will feel lots better.

It's like washing your hair, !. Apply 2. Rinse 3.Repeat! Except without the rinse part, that would be silly!

morning everyone... trying hard to convince myself that i need to stay awake today. my sleep is always screwy. i finally made it to bed about 1am. 5:30 was WAY too early, but i got the girls to the bus stop
smile.png

KarenN, i say it's worth a shot!

loved the pics.

i'd have to agree on Studly doo... he's purty though
big_smile.png

i never have had problems with hand feeding as chicks. spot is the only one. we have ours as pets, so we have named them (won't stop me from eating them lol, only thing stopping me with spot is he's so pretty). i think if given a home with more hens he'll be fine. he may even be good after our 10 babies (we plan to keep) are older. like i said i'm the only one other then the taunting neighbor that's ever been flogged. my 9yodd don't like going out with him, just because he charges. that may not even be the right way to say it. he doesn't flare his feathers. just runs towards ya.

so far no rain, surprised me. may get some tomorrow and the rest of the week into early next week.

one quick question, will our other rooster (real sure he's a new hampshire) grow his tail feathers back soon? we're not sure if it was spot or a neighbor that got them (I'm leaning towards neighbor, they look clipped, clean cut like, and there wasn't any feathers in yard or coop... as if someone took something and cut them then kept the feathers).

eta: it's been since the blizzard on noodle's feathers

Last edited:
Quote:
Sheep, llamas, and alpacas....and hoof trimming on those plus goats...and the occasional mini horse, donkey or mule (if a certified farrier won't come/can't be found).

love.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

I may need to hire you to help me with my Shetland Sheep and llamas, or see if you know anyone in the OKC area who does shearing.. My llamas and sheep are "touch me nots" so working on them almost requires a squeeze shoot or a hog tie.

LOL.....I deal with lots of those XD. I really don't know any other shearers, lol. I have ended up tying them ALL the way to a fence.....Halter on the head, loop round the shoulder, and a loop round the flank....They can't do much more than wiggle....and spit, lol. But you have to have a good fence to do that. I try to shear them normally first...that's kind of a last resort
smile.png

Quote:
you mean you know how many chickens you have
th.gif
i lost count years ago
gig.gif

My husband and my son say that if you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough. Suppose I could convince them that holds true for chickens as well?
wee.gif

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Al, the last time I was at Blanchard, I bought two of those huge wooden coops, anyway on the boards above each stall someone had written the names of the pairs that were kept there.

The best pairing was Rambo and Dolly Parton! It made me laugh. Maybe I'll start naming my birds now!
wink.png

(Reminds of the story of the guy that named his first car after his English teacher.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom