*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Joe - Do cages sell with the birds? I'd love to go. Send me a PM with directions and the time you want me to meet you. I'm an early riser, so any time Saturday morning is okay with me. I have some extra cockerels I need to sell, and a few young pullets as well.

Oh My! Haven't been on here in over a week. Took quite a while to catch up!
Who turned the heat off and let all this cold air come back to visit??
barnie.gif

Quote:
what is the girl on the left- she is beautiful!!!

I don't know which is more acceptable in color, but I like the color of the two lighter ones, they are all pretty though.

Sooner, I think it is you that is doing potato tires too. If so or anyone else who is, I just cut the center sidewall area out of the tires it makes alot more room in the tire and wasn't that hard to cut out. I started the cut w/ a box knife blade then cut it w/ a sharp kitchen knife.

I am not a tire expert or anything but after my recent cutting of tires I can tell you for sure cooper's are a lot easier to cut the goodyear!

LOL it is me! I thought about doing it but it was an after thought but now that I have only two tires high so far I could proably do it. They are moving the old house today so I won't have time to get anything done but cleaning up where it was.......Maybe I can talk DH into doing it for me. I think I have some brownie points saved up.
lol.png

just for the record not sure how they got my pics in Russia I guess there is some poparatzzi that follows me around taking shots of me and posting them over there..I am just happy to know I am loved...that and I have a bunch of relatives from strange african nations that keep dying and leaving me money but they didn't kow tax laws very well or addresses

Quote:
Sooner, glad you got some rest! If you will do that a few nights in a row, you will feel lots better.

It's like washing your hair, !. Apply 2. Rinse 3.Repeat! Except without the rinse part, that would be silly!

I don't know but in my case the rinse would diffently be needed!lol

Thanks Monty, you are right & I really need to do that because if I don't I won't be any use to anyone!
Thanks for the smile Wayne & I think I will take the rinse too!

ETA: Name correction!

Last edited:
Quote:
I am on my second layer too, I just did the top layer of tires, I left the bottom alone. I would strongly suggest using brownie points, or baking brownies as reward or something, it takes some effort, but us doable. More upper body strength would definately be better.

Quote:
Yep- hard lesson- but i can't blame barny at all- i gave him treats which confused the issues for him- gorgeous bird- even that small interaction caused problems- my theory now is look, enjoy them but hands off unless necessary! with the current roo i am using that theory- he will come over when i dish out food, but i'm not interacting specifically with him, although i may need to do his spurs- dreading that- but gotta do something with them- maybe just file them down a bit?

My theory on spurs is to leave them be unless they become a problem. They are his natural defense against predators. I know you supervise them when you let them roam, but you never know what may happen.

So, as long as he's respectful to people and not tearing up the hens, he's alright for a white guy
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom