*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Nice lookin' birds!
smile.png

Wish I could be planting in the garden...we still have water standing in the yard and have to use 4-wheel drive to get in and out of our farm.
sad.png

Hopefully a few more days of this beautiful sunshine and we can mow and plant...
fl.gif

At least it will be nice so we can get our chicken and duck pens and coops finished so that we'll be ready for getting our birds at POOPS!
jumpy.gif

Supposed to get 2 dozen guinea eggs for the incubator this weekend, can't wait!
bun.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying this sunshine. I'm fixing to go start dinner and make some Mexican Painted cookies for my 2nd grader's Cinco de Mayo fiesta at school tomorrow.
wink.png

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what color this rooster is? I thought he was blue and today i noticed all these red feathers popping up in random places? Weird, never seen this combo....He's a feed store baby so...umm..i guess theres no telling LOL
gig.gif

88573_2011-05-04_172108.jpg

88573_2011-05-04_172001.jpg

88573_2011-05-04_172038.jpg

the red feathers are popping up on his head, neck and wings. lol...he looks big...but those are my 5 yr olds hands...covered in mud pie
wink.png

One of my partridge hens layed a mini egg today. It is only 1" x 7/8". I had never seen one before so I took it over to Jack's. He said it occasionally happens and is no big deal. I ask what it is called and he said, "an egg".
gig.gif

Here it is with a couple of bantam eggs -
63162_dscn3482.jpg

Isn't there a new color out now,something like calico or painted or some odd name. I have seen them advertised but can't think of the right name now. Maybe Betsy will know,she is the silkie guru!(or is that guruess for femine!)lol

I would expect that response from Jack and he probably said it with a grin. We call the little ones Egg Farts LOL.

Quote:
Jack's brother has OEGB and ect. and wants some bantam cochins pullets to put with them when they are young. says that calms them down?

hello everyone fishin reports are all good BJ caught a 6 pound bass last night behind the house on a crappie jig.well i have 6 royal palm turkeys an 6 peacocks hatchin this week.they have all candlled good.my turkey is now settin on 12 muscovy eggs 2 turkey eggs an 6 chicken eggs.they all 3 hatch at diffrnt times so im not sure what to do.guess ill have to keep a close eye on her.still not sure about making it to poops yet hopein the DW will letr me barrow her car.but that means i wont be able to smuggle any chickens back with out being shot on arrival home lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom