*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! i am just totally aggravated- yes, preditors need to eat- but not my flock!!

anyway, i did get our garden planted, container garden of maters, cukes and peppers... how big of a run do i need for say 5 ducks? and a goose?

Quote:
if he doesnt look like pure orneriness...(avatar)

He didnt like it when the tom puffed up, then he saw the ducks and thought I was going to have a run away. But made him stand there awhile, till he stopped jumping..
lol.png

Another henabator hatched! This one had my first standard NNs and a couple of asils,and one ee. Boy those standard nn come off the nest hungry! No sitting under the light for them,they are up and chasing around for food!I may have bit off more than I can chew with these chicks!lol. I reset that hen and have two more hens are thinking about it. Thats not counting Sooners little turken hen,she still thinks she is going to be given eggs!Sorry!not until she gets to Okla. at least!lol

Robin it doesn't have to be that big.As long as they have a tub or pool to play in thats all they worry about. You can always give them special handfulls of selected grees to nibble on and I'm sure they will be fed well. And once in a while while you and one of the dogs is out and about they can be let loose to run a bit. I would concider useing tieouts on the dogs and putting them at the edge of the yard where the woods starts. Dogs are a great deterrent if they can be seen and or heard by the varmits.

Quote:

I will just haul it all on my 20' flat bed trailer Jim, I will come fetch the small one, your right the big one is a tad too big. I want everybody to be able to see real well the whole process so have a view is important. Call me back i am up.

AL

Quote:
well, i was thinking one or the other of the dogs is gonna earn their keep, i'll have them out there tomorow, rotating them- that way they don't get into trouble with the neighbors cattle- i am so frustrated! olive was one of my EE's, i doubt she just decided to go broody, but i'll take a walk tomorow

those are the coolest roaches! Well second coolest....death heads rule! But those are cool because of the escape factor....they really don't!

I didn't get much done today. FFA state convention was this week so the listeners were all gone. did hatch some turkeys out and sent them with their owner...yelled at my kids several times. Had a talk with a kid at church about the fact that while dad did live in another part of the state he did ask me to have talks with his boys and I could use whatever was needed to get their attention and I have turned many a animal into a oartial man...he understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom