1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OKLAHOMA AUCTIONS and SWAPS

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Buckguy20, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    The Harrah auction is closed.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:The Durant/Blue Auction is the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month, rain or shine (most is indoors). It begins at 7:00 P.M. with the first, about, hour being non-poultry stuff including other small farm animals and cages. The auction ends when everything is sold, which may not even be until 1:00 in the morning, or longer!
    I'm not that great with directions, but I can give you a general idea of how we get there [​IMG]
    From Durant, you go east until you pass http://209.222.104.187/img/smilies/hmm.png[/IMG]e]Potter's Sausage (<---that is a click-able link to show where "J. C. Potter Sausage" is), then right after that, you will see cars parked everywhere to your left (North) and that's it! [​IMG] [​IMG] You have to turn down a long dirt road - but cars are usually parked down both sides and sometimes even into the highway - and at the end of that road there is a big old-looking barn where the auction will be held, it belongs to John Teel who is the auctioneer.
    Plan to come early if you even want a standing place inside! And bring a flashlight to help you find your car afterwards and to see in the dimly-lit barn. [​IMG]

3. bkgoatranch

bkgoatranch New Egg

Apr 29, 2008
    Hello, new to this so here goes - I am wondering about the Prague Auction? No one seemed to have put any thing in here about that other than the name? I called the phone #'s listed for Roger only to get a message that the #'s were no longer in service. I was told by the owner of the Maude auction that the Prague Exotic auction was really giving him a run for his money. Many people were buying livestock/birds at Prague and reselling at Maude for profit??? Who knows but is Prague still in operation? Does any one know any thing about this?
    bkgoatranch

4. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    The Prague auction was being held every other month but I had heard they were going to go monthly for the summer. I will check with some folks I know who go there regularly and let you know.
    Buckguy

Where are you from if I may ask?

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  5. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    I just got an email from a friend that has a postcard from the Prague auction.
    It is set for May 16-17 and June 20-21.
    Buckguy

6. kaacres

kaacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone know the time or the address of the Prague auction? I would be interested in checking it out. It isn't to awful far from me.

7. bkgoatranch

bkgoatranch New Egg

Apr 29, 2008
    Buckguy, I am just 11 miles west of Checotah just off I40. Thank you for the info on Prague. Do you have any idea what time it starts? That would be good to know too.
    bk

8. muesky

muesky Got Peacocks?

Do you know what time the auction in Cement starts?
    Thanks
    RM

9. Greybear23

Greybear23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Morrison, Okla.
    Hi all, wanted to let you know that there are two auctions in Perkins, one is the goat and cattle auction on HIway 33 about 1 and 1/4 miles west of 177 and 33 intersetion, on the first and third saturday eve. of each month (no Poultry), the other is Guy Rose Auction it is on 177 about 2 and 3/4 miles north of 33 and 177 intesection, they start at 9 am on one side with junk and on the other side with poultry and small animals about 10 am every saturday morning. buy or sell but no alley trading. I have gone there for the last 20 someodd years and had good relations with each owner and actioneer. thanks Lynn

10. Greybear23

Greybear23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Morrison, Okla.
    Hi again, I wanted to say that I know the Ensigns that run the Prague Exotic auction and they also have and Exotic ranch just noth of Pawnee, they give tours by appointment prefferably but will do anytime if home, best to call ahead at 405-612-5856 or 405-612-5019, these are Roger and Kay's cell numbers, Roger is also running for County seat so he is really busy there, home and at the auction, their email is [email protected] and the name of their ranch is Skeedie Creek Preserve, Lynn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by