oklahoma city zoning - busted for my chickens!

So are you "removing them" i live in OKC. I have just under 3/4 acre. With no neighbors in the back just a 50 ft freeway wall. Been wanting to get my chicken back from mom in Ohio. I get reports she still alive. (My last & favorite hen). Your wild rabid flu bird could come to summer camp over here for a visit if u like . Keep them guessing which cup the pea is under. Their gone, now there back, no that's a old complaint already taken care of it. Oh? He's got more? Or their back again? Shoot some of the pigeons at wal-mart roaming the lot are bigger than banty's lol those are big pigeons! South side at least 3-5 lbs I've got three mulberry trees to keep em busy. yep! chicken summer camp right here. :) hiking, swimming. Arts & crafts no camp fires though . Don't want to get em thinking about the BBQ ! O my cracking myself up. Honestly though jealous u got some, sorry to here there trying to make them disappear. I noticed though that OK likes to threaten folks with taking things away not real family orientated. They think we are all stupid or high & they can do a better job raising our kids, not allowing certain dog breeds, don't leave the car running, or park it on the grass. Sorry got some issues, didn't mean to get off track. Cute little pen I had a simular one but green. I believe chickens are natural bug eliminators, they are clean, peaceful, easliy killed by neighbor dogs, & in no way a nussance. I mean who ever got upset watching a chicken free range!?! That has to be one of the most peaceful, pleasant things there is. Right up there with watching a tank full of colorful tropical fish. Always makes me smile. They're just so happy go lucky & thankful to be let out. Ever seen food inc? Makes me sick to have to buy my eggs from Wal-mart from chickens who never see outside or can even turn in their cage. You want help with a petition? Just let me know that's a mission I'd love to help with. ;)

I finally finished my pen and chicken coop. I also got it inspected yesterday and have my permit. I have to say that our zoning laws for poultry and small animals in Midwest City OK turned out to be very reasonable, although my pen is completely enclosed for two reasons. (1) To keep my animals in so that they are not bothering neighbors. (2) To proctect them from predators.

My pen is sort of unique and you may be interested in seeing pictures of it and my chickens. I intend to bring them in from the farm within the next few days. I will post pictures of both pen and chickens soon.

For those of you looking for more and current information concerning the OKC ordinances regarding urban chickens visit https://www.facebook.com/TransitionOKC, great information regarding the legislation and most recent City Council meeting on the topic.

Don't loose hope, there is still a chance, it seems at the council members that did not vote for the bill are asking for more information, tells me its not a down right shutout! And those that did vote for it had overwhelming support!

Well I am a country boy.
Never figured how city slickers could live stacked together like they do.
Some seem to think their rights supersedes others.
Reading that article talking about ban on "BACKYARD CHICKENS" I would put a chicken tractor in the front yard.

Back
Top Bottom