Oklahoma Ice Storm *pics*

Quote:
Hang in there! Poor little babies. Did the tree break all the way through the chicken coop roof or just dent it in? Do you have a tractor you could chain to the trees to get them off the fence and coop? Sounds like you couldn't use a chain saw if they are covered in ice. How cold are the temps dipping at night?

Sounds like your yard is a sheet of ice. I'm so glad you have your electricity. It's such a pain when it goes out, even with a generator.

Just thinking of everyone and wanted to check in. gotta run, but will check in later.
Kim

Thanks Smitty....the tree that is inside and on top of the wire top of the coop.lost alot of its top branches, If I were to move it I think I would be in more trouble at this stage since all is so ice covered and brittle...........we have so much chainsaw work ahead
barnie.gif
BUT things are melting today.one big slush pond now.....but power still on.......no power north or south of me so I feel VERY grateful.....

We had a ice storm like that last yr. Everything was made of ice. I heard 15 people died in OK. Thats really sad to have that happen. Even 2 weeks before christmas
sad.png

Well we finally lost our electricity last night at 3 am. It came on this afternoon around 1 pm. We've got a propane heater, but we've got well water so no electricity = no water. I got a shower, and it went out again while my sister was in the shower *ha* Its back on now. My neighbors have no source of heat other than Central, and their house was SO cold!

The ice did a number on my newest chicken coop. My poor Orps were about to bump their little heads on the roof. I did a few tricks and got it up temporarily, but I'm going to have to get some t-posts and wire to make it stay *sigh* What a mess.

Thank you everyone, for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom