Oklahoma Ice Storm *pics*

um ours range from...........let me think.........haha.
49 to 62....i think,there is 11 years between me and oldest....is my math okay Laura ?
gig.gif
hey its late, I am wired from learning that my sisters children in Ore.....are flying me out there for 4 days next week to surprise their mom for her birthday !
yippiechickie.gif

I am way beyond happy to go
big_smile.png
mine are all spread out.... Az,Calif,Ore,Ok, Kenny is now at training for job in Aberdeen , he is due home this Sunday for 2 weeks,hope he doesn't mind me running off for a few days..........please, if you can remember to pray for him.....and him to make wise and good decisions about the girl he is seeing........hoping to marry........this month..........
ep.gif
he is soooooo soooo young.but really has a heart to do what is right in God's eyes so I am on my knees bout this whole thing

Just sending warm thoughts to all you folks hit by this ice storm. I've been through a few myself in upstate New York where I grew up. That's just one more reason I live in sunny california
smile.png
. We always had enough food for three or for weeks on hand (besides the canned and frozen stuff). We also had a wood stove and kept the wood in a shed next to the house.
I hope all of you and your critters come out of this ok. I always think of my animals first, when something like this happens. I keep my bearded dragon near the fireplace in the winter, so in case we have a power outage, I'll just build a rip roaring fire and she stays toasty warm.

Those are great pics!!

Stay warm and safe!!!

I sure will remember him. I am so glad that he will be coming home as I know that you miss him. Do you like the girl he wants to marry, I know he is young and in love, and if he decides to go through with it he'll need you to support him in his decision, You don't want to cause conflict with them, he will do it any way and you might risk their alienation. Some thing to think about. Laura

Will you have access to a computer while you are at your sisters?

AW.......the big question...do I like her......I hate /dislike noone. I tend to see the good in people no matter what.I think that is good thing.....but this girl......she is totally lost..........alone....long story about her history.........she is not well liked or tolerated by anyone in the family......has noone but Kenny at this point. It is his decision..........he will make it.......I do not want him to marry this young......have grave reservations on this girls motives......... her way....heart.......at the same time I know how it is to be young and in love........I also know now.that some have motives..as much as I hated to learn that..........this girl wants a family so bad she will do anything to have one........Kenny is a super big hearted person and wishes to hurt noone.......and in my heart of hearts..........after much much prayer............am doing my best to talk him out of marrying this girl.....at least right now..... wait wait wait is all I am asking.........
And OH yes......I will have access......... dont know how much time I will have.....since so much talkin to do
big_smile.png
but will pop in when I can.........I am totally addicted ya know .

Dear Okie,
Im so sorry to hear about your weather over there, you know, ive only just seen this thread !!
I do hope you and everyone else copes with this and please dont lose any more beautiful trees.

Okie, im sad to hear about your feelings for this girl too.
Im sad for you, I know it is hard sitting back watching, knowing that he MAY get hurt, hopefully your gut instincts wont hold true for his sake.
I watched this happen with my only brother, im not looking forward to maybe going through this with my son.
I hope you can enjoy your break, but i know you will be itching to get back home to where your heart is!!!
Take care sweet lady.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Ah,thanks Banty stayed up till 4am talking to him last night.....making some headway......
here are some cute pics of my Emma(grand) finding the beauty in all the destruction.....she ran around wanting to take pics of her in trees that fell...she stopped once and said I DONT know where to go first gamma ! HA out of the mouths of babes
big_smile.png
it was winter wonderland for her.
pumpkin295.jpg

pumpkin299.jpg

Okie, I can't believe Monty is still without power!! Where is he located? He isn't too far from you, is he? Hopefully he will be back home soon.

Yesterday we spent about 3 hours building fence in the cold. Today we are going to be moving tree branches into a pile. Its aweful what all this ice has done. Some of the tops of our trees broke out but got hung, so I will be climbing to the top with chains so we can pull them out. (We do this after tornados, I'm a pro *ha*)

Cute pictures of the kiddo! She is so adorable
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom