Oklahoma Ice Storm

I know uh....NC........ it is awful.
sad.png
......I just went walking/crunching around the backside and east side of my land....... UGH....our wonderful treeline/privacy trees.......well..probably 1/2 of them are down........ makes me sick....... I need to have a chainsaw party when this is over.......and a firewood sale.........hey,if I look at it that way I could make some major money
big_smile.png
God's hand is in ALL things.............he created it all and will repair it all......also , nature has its own way of tree trimming........

Well....when we got the new house put on a couple of years ago....we didnt transfer the wood stove.....were planning on it.....but hubby is ,well........very challenged in doing his chores
wink.png
takes a few years of something sitting here before it gets done if you know what I mean...... so I sold it to someone in need...... we use propane....... thinking I could go outside right now and build a fire in the duck pen and have a duck party
big_smile.png

Where is Buckguy? Hope he is ok. We haven't heard from him in a while.
I'm thinking of all of you guys dealing with this horrible weather. Hang in there! Hope you get a break soon.

Okie......I'm so sorry about all the trees, but so glad you and animals are ok. What's the temps? Do you heat your coop yet? I haven't put any in mine yet and I'm a bit confused when I should to keep my babies warm.

Katy, How are you? Is your electric holding up? How's your eggs?

God Bless you all!
Kim

Smitty, Buckguy is just south of me about 1/2 hour..that area is still without power...... wish I knew how to find him..... would take him the generator...... I do not heat my henhouse......it has doors to close and straw hay inside.they are out running around today
big_smile.png
NO eggs, oh well..... one sitting broody on nothing :| It is in the low 30's all day here........I can now see out my front door as the ice melted last night so the trees that were left and sagging are a little lighter....so that is good...... supposed to stay cold , but no more ice
yippiechickie.gif
snow later in the week.....that doesn't scare me..
We have a million electric trucks in town from LA,KS,TX that have come to help..........so cool to see them !

Glad that help is in your area. Maybe help will be in Buckguys area soon since he is only 1/2 hr away. This weather is just horrible. We have been thinking of investing in the propane generator that gets hardwired into your house's electic system. I am just thankful that we do have a generator if it does get bad. Hang in there!

Thanks for the info on your henhouse. It's my first winter with them. I know they are fine now, but when the bad stuff hits I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything to keep them safe. What is temps in your coop at night? Sorry.......I'm a worry wart. I want them to be acclimated to the cold, so I haven't added heat yet.......we haven't been extreme yet....just right at freezing right now. Thanks!

My temp in coop must be just a bit warmer than outside..... dont have a thermometer in there.......but I think your's will be fine without heat, alot of people they say they are better off acclumating to the cold...healthier and all.

one sitting broody on nothing
sad.png

Maybe she is really just keeping her legs warm?
big_smile.png

LOVE the photos you took especially the one in your second post! Beautiful, but gave me the shivers! Keep warm okiechick, now I am off to call my In Laws to see how they are doing in OK.​

Back
Top Bottom