Oklahome egg sales law?

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
14 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas
I have a friend near Tulsa that wants to sell fresh eggs at a farmers market. He is being told he has to get a food handlers permit, a chicken handlers permit, a state issued label, new cartons (not misprints). Does anyone know how he can sell fresh eggs at a farmers market without all the red tape?

Find a different Farmer's Market?

I am not familiar with Oklahoma state requirements, but most if these sound a lot more like local requirements than state. I could be wrong but he needs to find out where the requirements are coming from.

Seems to be the rules of the Oklahoma Department of Ag and the Tulsa City/County Health Department.

In Arkansas a small farm just has to sell in a refridgerated unit.

That does not say which are state and which are local. If they are state requirements, no way around it I can see. If they are local, try a different jurisdiction, but then your friend may not be able to sell at a local Farmer's Market out of jurisdiction. Many of them have the requirement that you live in a certain area and grow or produce it yourself.

Quote:
Thanks. Found this on the link you provided.

§ 10-78. The sale of eggs
A. Oklahoma producers of eggs selling ungraded eggs from their own flock production are
exempt from this sub-article. Nothing in this sub-article shall prohibit the sale of eggs produced on
the farm and sold direct to the consumer. Eggs sold under this section shall be produced by hens
maintained on the farm from which the eggs are sold.
B. A producer may sell graded eggs if in compliance with this sub-article.

I know this thread is a couple of years old.
I was wondering if anybody had any new Info, I live on the Ks/OK border, live in Kansas and work in Oklahoma.
I have been selling eggs to friends at work and want to make sure I am doing everything legit.
Does anyone have any updated links?

Hello everyone, I live in Bartlesville and have been on and off this site since at least 2008. Soon, people of Bville are going to be asking the City Council to legalize backyard chickens. I am moving, but want to help some where I can, so please sign this online petition if you live in the area:
https://www.change.org/petitions/th...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

I have put up some fliers, and am trying to get some letters of support from local businesses. If you own a business here or know of anyone that does and would write a support letter, please let me know.

There is a fb group "Bartlesville Backyard Chicken Movement", if you would like to join there and keep up date. Also, they need help getting signatures paper petitions at the county fair, farmer's market, etc.

Thank you
Lashawn

Back
Top Bottom