Okz, i have a model 1613 or 1612 GQF incubator that needs a new wafer...

kellyn

Songster
8 Years
Nov 17, 2011
bunnell, Florida
Okz, i have a model 1613 or 1612 GQF incubator that needs a new wafer... it is fully square and has a metal turbofan in it. It's at least 8 years old, as it was pretty old in 2006 when I first saw it. The owner gave me it when I bought a bunch of his layer hens a few months back. Now that I've cleaned I it's in decent condition. My grandmother has the exact same model and she bought a wafer about 2 years ago for it...:p

It DEFINATELY needs a new wafer as I can NOT get the temperature within 10 degrees of 99. It stays aroung 125-135 degres farenheit.

Could someone give me a few minutes of thir lovely wonderful time and maybe... perhapse inform me as to here I can get a wafer or if the wafers for newer models would work?

Thanks before hand if anyone could help~ I skipped school today so I could order a wafer and an eggs for sale sign. But then I thought... like an hour ago... what if the wafer I spend like 10 bucks on doesn't work!?

gqf model 1613 is a expansion ring for the older model incubators. you can go on line the GQF online store or call them and the will help you find the wafer you need .

Ah thanks! I feel stupid, but I had a hunch that I was wrong in my info. I bought a new wafer and it works great! I'm trusting the incubator enough to put in my Valentines day hatch in since it's stayed at 99 for 3 and a half days straight. It'll be good to hatch my eggs in coz my other incubator is rather full now. But thank-you for informing me I had the wrong info.

Back
Top Bottom