Old and Rare Breeds

Redcaps are also in desperate need of a few serious breeders.  I don't know of a single breeder of Redcaps in the country.  But, uhhh, what list are we referencing?

I've heard Carl Brantley is seriously working on them. But I have not seen any of his stock. He's an east coast guy, I definitely agree about needing a couple serious breeders stateside before they disappear for good.

what country are you? and do you breed them? :)

I'm in the U.S. All my Redcaps are hatchery birds and very sub standard. I'm working on them. It's a slow process. I've not found anyone else who is really serious about them in this country. I'm sure there must be some.
I started an outcross project with a gentleman who raises very nice Dorkings... I'm hoping that will help with some of the problems with my birds, in a few years, as I cross back to purebreds.
Good luck to you! I should really try to see what I could import from G.B. I think it would be very difficult and time consuming.

Last edited:
I'm in the U.S. All my Redcaps are hatchery birds and very sub standard. I'm working on them. It's a slow process. I've not found anyone else who is really serious about them in this country. I'm sure there must be some.
I started an outcross project with a gentleman who raises very nice Dorkings... I'm hoping that will help with some of the problems with my birds, in a few years, as I cross back to purebreds.
Good luck to you! I should really try to see what I could import from G.B. I think it would be very difficult and time consuming.

Sandhill Preservation Center has Redcaps. You should check their stock out.

Back
Top Bottom