Old and Rare Breeds

Well I just recently got out of game fowl (American) too many cages, separating, etc. I did not have the time to keep up with it all. I had over 100 cages at one point in time. I have had oriental and American game fowl and liked them both very much. One day I might get some more just a few. I always liked the Ganoi but anyways I plan on having some chickens that can be friendly to each other for a while lol. But I do not want the average every day chickens I want something different that is why I want the SFH because they are all different. I have thought about maybe some Black copper Marans, or something odd and exciting. I am open to all suggestions from anyone and do not mind to pay if it something i want to put my time and money into.

if you like the gamefowl colors but don't like the gameness, you should try cubalayas. they are great layers of medium sized tinted or light brown eggs. good to eat and look good in your yard. cocks are 5 to 6 lbs. and hens 3 to 4 lbs. they are not game. a rare breed that needs more dedicated breeders.

if you like the gamefowl colors but don't like the gameness, you should try cubalayas. they are great layers of medium sized tinted or light brown eggs. good to eat and look good in your yard. cocks are 5 to 6 lbs. and hens 3 to 4 lbs. they are not game. a rare breed that needs more dedicated breeders.

Well to be honest with you I am looking for a breed that is bigger than that. Cubalayas are beautiful birds I have seen some before. I want something that is pretty good sized that will not fly all over.

If you want a bird that won't fly (unless pressed), I recommend Black Penedesencas. My rooster flock never tries to get out of a 2' fence. Other Catalonian breeds tend to respect fences too.

Now that's something you do not hear much about. What colors do they come in?
That is what I would have suggested.

They are big birds, and are active, so can use some room. Otherwise, they are big birds with a presence. Good ones are rare, so it takes some looking to know who has what.

If there was any breed that I would like to see more around, this would be it.

White, Black, and Buff is what we have here. There is more good black Minorca than the others. I really like Omega Orchard's whites. Do not see many good whites. I think Mr. Dan Honour has nice blacks. Both are on here by that name.

Do not even consider getting any from a hatchery. They are not Minorca. Maybe Sandhill's whites and blacks are ok. Never seen them.

There's always the Minorca. It's HUGE.
I love Minorcas. I've only had white ones. Blacks are supposed to be bigger. Mine laid huge eggs.
Crossed with Penes the offspring laid even bigger eggs.

Now that's something you do not hear much about. What colors do they come in?
Black, white and buff.
Blacks are more common. The others are extremely hard to find. I think Sandhill is the only source of Whites.

He looks like a good sized bird. What is the makeup of these?
Not sure what you mean by makeup. Perhaps this will answer all your questions.

http://www.penedesencausa.com/

Back
Top Bottom