old doggy--tricks to make her eat? pg. 6

I called the vet this morning and explained Hailey's condition and said I had just had a heart attack and asked if they could do an exam here?
They just came with a stretcher board and took Hailey with them to the vets...about a mile away. She was sitting up and panting like she was a little happy today but a little concerned about being carried on a stretcher.

She had thrown up earlier. The snap was broken on the strap so she kept trying to get up off the stretcher and it wasn't holding her in. So I walked along side her and petted her telling her it was ok. In the truck cab with the topper, they slid her in but when the truck started she was up and wobbling around and trying to walk..breaking loose of the other 2 straps that were not broke.
Got to say my old girl has fight and will in her still.

I told him that it sounded like vestibular disease and he said it was by looking at her--eyes twitching, head tilt, trouble walking, and vomitting. But wants to take her to the vet for some tests. I hope she snaps out of this and that it isn't from something more serious.
It's my birthday....she's not allowed to die on my birthday. It was really hard to watch her go.

I had my 7 yr. old kiss her goodbye before she went to school just in case it was the end. But seeing Hailey be a little chipper today gave me some hope. I can only pray for the best.

Thanks all for your help and support.

hugs,
gretchen

Last edited:
The fact that she still has the will to fight is great. It will help her with her recovery.
hugs.gif

Keep your chin up and think positive.

Happy Birthday.

Haven't heard anything yet...I'm hoping for good news.

Thanks all.

...weird...I'm anticipating my dogs results more than my own from my stress test....eh, good distractor I guess.

It's Sooooo hard to loose a pet. My HUGELY Beloved Rott was diagnosed with Cancer in January. He had Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) we even took him to a Oncologist (for dogs) to see what we cold do to help him. But he was anemic too. We researched EVERYwhere to find ANY & EVERYthing to help him & to make him comfortable. We ended up putting him on better dog food (chicken as the main ingredient), cuz nearly All dog foods have Ground Yellow Corn as the main ingredient (check any dog food bag, it's nutts but true). & that's what helps lead to imbalances in their system, like junk food for people. Wild dogs don't eat Ground Yellow Corn.
hmm.png

But we put him on the medicine K-9 Immunity, K-9 Transfer Factor, Omega 3 Fish Oil, & Nupro liver dog vitamin & enzyme dust --(it's like a total nutrition multivitamin dust that you just mix with water to make gravy over dog food. & Thank God along with his Dr prescribed Prednisone it kept him healthy & pain free (cured his anemia too). Until the last 2wks of April, he had trouble breathing a bit & had to have his Prednisone upped & he became anemic again......My poor boy passed May 1st in our home.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
He looked as if he fell asleep & then just passed. Even tho we knew of his health since January & it was a constant reminder of his health as we kept his medicine caddy filled.
roll.png
& he went to pee often as his Prednisone (kinda like a water pill in humans) kept him needing out often. It still hits me like a Rock to have lost him.
hit.gif
Even when your Head knows what's best it just Hurts your Heart to loose them.
hit.gif
roll.png
God Bless Loyal Family Dogs & the Families who Love them.
smile.png
I Hope & Pray for Hailey's health.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm sure someone else has already written about this, but...

Ten summers ago (it gets HOT here) my black roitweller had a heat stroke. We didn't know what it was because we have never had a dog that had a heat stroke before. She had plenty of cool fresh water, but was pretty old. The vet said heat strokes happens more to dogs who have a black coat, rather than a white coat.

Dropping weight and drinking a lot are classic signs of diabetes. That will also make them stagger and so forth until their blood sugar regulates itself. with docs, it is easier to treat than with cats. You can regulate how much insulin they need better. Cats will produce enough one minute and too much the next day so it is more of a chore. I know, I am giving a cat insulin shots three times a day here now. *sigh*

I am so sorry Maplesky. I lost my beloved wolf at 13 years old to bladder cancer...it was so hard. But I had him put to sleep in my lap when they told me it was inoperable. ****Hugs****

I hope they can give you more info soon.

Last edited:
Quote:
They are also symptoms of Cushings Disease, Thyroid and Kidney problems too. Aniamals or Humans, it's tough to get old....

Back
Top Bottom