old doggy--tricks to make her eat? pg. 6

Awww so glad she is getting better! That's a great b-day present! Also sounds like a YUMMY birthday dinner!
droolin.gif

Nancy
smile.png

nothin like a grilled porterhouse.

it's weird not having Hailey here. I keep waiting for her to walk in with me...to see her by my feet...or laying on her bed...or looking at us eat porterhouse....

hmph... they just said they are keeping her another night. ...but she is doing better.

what's the vet bill gonna look like? and why wouldn't I be able to tend to her like i was? hmph.

I'm glad that her condition isn't permanent! I bet that really made your birthday 110% better.

The vets probably want to keep her another night because Geriatric K9 Vestibular disease is idiopathic- meaning we are not sure what causes the problem and they want to make sure Hailey does not have any underlying conditions. There are also certain clinical signs that your vet is looking for that will happen as Hailey gets better (i.e.spontaneous nystagmus is replaced by transitional positional nystagmus). It is crappy to not have your dog for another evening, but at least she is in good hands and getting any treatment she needs
smile.png

I'm so sorry.

My 13 1/2 yr old Doberman had a stroke (I'm guessing) ---- walking sideways, unable to manage the front door steps (2 steps), etc. I waited to see if it would somehow go away, but he never got better, so I had him put down. At his age, I believed he had lived a nice long life, the last 3 1/2 yrs. with me and my girls (he was a rescue at 10 yrs old --- his owner passed away). Broke my heart, though.

My sympathies.

Gwen

Quote:
Ok...thanks for explaining...although I had to go look up the eye twitch word "nystagumus".

New word for the vocabulary! I bet it will shock the veterinarian tomorrow if you ask, 'so how is her nystagmus?' Hailey is going to be so happy to come home tomorrow
smile.png

urg...and they are only open till noon and I've got cardiac rehab tomorrow that's started up again, my youngest has tumbling...and then I have to pick up my dd from half day of school... I think my mom is going to stay with my dog..but I'll have to miss cardiac rehab tomorrow and start up on friday. dd's got tumbling for a week or 2 left on wed. and I think she needs to finish it out.

what timing...i want to be home with Hailey but I know she'll be ok with Grandma until I get home at noon. sigh. my poor wittle girl.

Back
Top Bottom