old english game rooster attacks cat

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Dec 29, 2011.

1. My rooster just fought with my cat LOL FUNNY!! SHE was terrified of him but i dont blame her

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. chickenbaguette

chickenbaguette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Good for the rooster!! [​IMG]

3. One of the girls

One of the girls Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    Good old rooster protecting his flock. Glad he got out in one piece.

My BO rooster 'Harry' died protecting his hens from a neighborhood dog that got loose and attacked the flock. [​IMG]

4. ALRwild

ALRwild Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Idaho
    Nice![​IMG] Give your rooster hug for me!

5. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    LOL! Sometimes my roosters will do this wierd stare down at the cats and I'm always afraid they'll peck the cats' eyes out!

6. MSH

MSH Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Cleveland , Georgia
    I just hope my roosters are brave enough for all that they are all penned and I don't think the cats can get to them or the chicks I'm hoping for but I know last year I had a cat get every chick I had total of 22 chicks gone we're over run with stray wild cats around here doesn't matter how many you trap and get rid of they're still more and more lol I like cats ol when people have them and take care of them but when they dump them out in my yard and they're wild and havin wild babies and eatin my chicks and tearin up the trash it's to much for me

7. Well the rooster had the advantage. The cats front claws were de-clawed but he was protecting his 2 hens, hes a good protecter [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by