Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

Quote: I fixed them some wet mash that I added avian vitamins to. The chick is eating some when food is offered. She's been spotted outside the nest a couple of times too, so I know she's moving around some with mama. they've been as far as 10 ft away from the nest. Of course, I ended up putting her back because she just sat there when mama went back to the nest and called her.

Quote:
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. Mama is still sitting on her. When I checked her a little while ago, she seemed extra listless. Also, she's keeping her feet up close to her body, almost like she's still in the egg, her head keeps going back to egg position too. I thought by now she'd be all over the place or at least standing up and moving about. She seemed fine when she hatched.
123 I hope your baby makes it, sending a little prayer your way ! Keep us updated ok :)

This weekend should be the weekend! I last looked at day 13 so hopefully they are still developing. Hurry up weekend!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Well, I haven't been on here for a long time, cause I was so bummed about my buff who stopped sitting after 6 days. And I've been busy taking care of the baby chicks we bought along w/the kids and just life in general. But I'm very pleased to announce that my wyandott went broody last week, and on Sunday my hubby made her nest box nice and cozy and she is currently sitting on two eggs!! Her hatch day should be May 13th!! YEAH!!

Congrats! Hope everything goes great with your current broody.

Well, I haven't been on here for a long time, cause I was so bummed about my buff who stopped sitting after 6 days. And I've been busy taking care of the baby chicks we bought along w/the kids and just life in general. But I'm very pleased to announce that my wyandott went broody last week, and on Sunday my hubby made her nest box nice and cozy and she is currently sitting on two eggs!! Her hatch day should be May 13th!! YEAH!!

Congrats!! I have heard that if you give up thats when you will get one. *Im giving up hens!!!*
hide.gif
lau.gif

it is looking more and more like our beautiful IR Duck Penelope is well on her way to going broody. She spends more and more time on the nest every day, quacks all the time (she RARELY quacks) is a little puffed up, and stood at her nest this morning quacking loudly at me. Normally she runs right out of the coop. She has been back on her nest for 3 hours so far this morning.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom