Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

He didn't tell me
lau.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Maybe just curious what has her so engrossed?
Looking for treats/food most likely.

i don't think it was for food or treats because he never goes in there and he went right up going into the nest and putting his bills on all the different eggs is he interested in them .. will drakes sit on eggs to ??

its weird because i never saw him have an interest in the nest before but im not sure what he was trying to go on the nest for he was walking into the nest some then like i said putting his bill on the eggs i didn't know what he was doing so i scared him out of there because i didn't know what he was trying to do

its weird because i never saw him have an interest in the nest before but im not sure what he was trying to go on the nest for he was walking into the nest some then like i said putting his bill on the eggs i didn't know what he was doing so i scared him out of there because i didn't know what he was trying to do
I have seen one of my drakes [Muscovy] go into the stall and stand over the eggs, he didn't touch them but was just standing there looking at them, I've seen my gander do it too.

I have seen one of my drakes [Muscovy] go into the stall and stand over the eggs, he didn't touch them but was just standing there looking at them, I've seen my gander do it too.
do you know why they do this ?? do they know they are having kids lol .... heres some pics of what my saxony and rouen x pekin made .. these 2 ducklings were hatched in a bator
200x200px-ZC-ee2d1c87_100_5077.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-4239a69f_100_5078.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-48d3b9e2_100_5081.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-a18dfc82_100_5083.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-26b6b971_100_5085.jpeg
thought you guys might like to see some of my ducklings

do you know why they do this ?? do they know they are having kids lol .... heres some pics of what my saxony and rouen x pekin made .. these 2 ducklings were hatched in a bator
200x200px-ZC-ee2d1c87_100_5077.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-4239a69f_100_5078.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-48d3b9e2_100_5081.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-a18dfc82_100_5083.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-26b6b971_100_5085.jpeg
thought you guys might like to see some of my ducklings
They are beautiful, I have no idea why they stand over the eggs, I do know that before hatch when the duckling internally pip, the ducklings are peeping but I don't think dad would be allowed by them then

Last edited:
it was weird because he was putting his bill on the eggs .. i thought that drakes might help with brooding but someone told me that don't .. but it would be neat if he actually was kind to the ducklings i had ducklings before and he always attacked them

it was weird because he was putting his bill on the eggs .. i thought that drakes might help with brooding but someone told me that don't .. but it would be neat if he actually was kind to the ducklings i had ducklings before and he always attacked them
And he may attack these, don't let your guard down one bit, Drakes are unpredictable around ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom