Old fashioned Broody Thread for Ducks

Pics
Bless her heart. Do you have any other eggs you can put under her? Those she has now really need to be removed before they bust and contaminate everything. It's hard to say what could have happened. The last few days of incubating are the hardest on the baby duck. Best to eggtopsy to see if any pipped internally, turned to pip or mal formed. I would remove the eggs, leave the nest and just let her hormones run their course. Sorry for your losses
hugs.gif
My other broody has 14 and she's so small she has a hard time covering them. Should I grabbed 2 or 3 from her? Ill grab them this morning. They never pipped.

My other broody has 14 and she's so small she has a hard time covering them. Should I grabbed 2 or 3 from her?
Ill grab them this morning. They never pipped.
Yes give her some of those. She won't care as long as she still has eggs.

Last edited:
Today's warm fuzzy! After a failed attempt with her own eggs and putting in some from my khaki Campbell's we have duckling 1 of possible 3. She worked so hard. She was strutting around when I came out with dinner.
See that silly spot she built her nest it drives me crazy.
Yea babies!

Last edited:
Today's warm fuzzy! After a failed attempt with her own eggs and putting in some from my khaki Campbell's we have duckling 1 of possible 3. She worked so hard. She was strutting around when I came out with dinner.
Yea babies!
YAY! Congratulations
celebrate.gif
They do chose some odd places to nest.

Yea babies!
Awesome Congrats!!! look forward to seeing them when she brings them out.

Last chick to hatch 3 days late. When out to feed mom found a beak a foot and ice cold but breathing. Now inside under heat I broke egg open he's now moving quite a bit and peeping real good. Something smelled foul and by his umbilical sight is white. I'm assuming infection. Any thoughts on how to help.

Last chick to hatch 3 days late. When out to feed mom found a beak a foot and ice cold but breathing. Now inside under heat I broke egg open he's now moving quite a bit and peeping real good. Something smelled foul and by his umbilical sight is white. I'm assuming infection. Any thoughts on how to help.
@addarr Has the yolk sac completely absorbed? if you have some betadine or iodine you can use it on the area . Or antibiotic ointment with out pain relief
How is he doing today?

Back
Top Bottom