Old horse stall into a chicken coop

I could list materials and tools I used, but reality is I hope no one repeats the actual build. When the barn was built nothing was square. I just did the best with what I had.

As far as skill, to me there is none. As long as you can read a ruler and press a button on an impact driver and a saw, anyone can build anything out of wood.

Your coop has turned out great!

Mine was not square either. Just do what you can with what you have. I started out with a couple of walls on my coops, then ended up replacing them with hardware cloth on all 4 sides. I put up clear plastic/shower curtains and tarps during the winter to block the wind. It is so hot here in East Texas, that I need all the breeze I can get.

This is basically what mine looks like now. It was a 30x30 horse bar. I turned 3 of the stalls into 2-3 coops. I have 2 coops that I have combined into one. By putting up a partial wall, I can convert it back to 3 coops if needed. There have been a few minor changes since this pic, but it's still basically the same. I do plan on making some changes hopefully over the summer.

IMG_3441.JPG

Your coop has turned out great!

Mine was not square either. Just do what you can with what you have. I started out with a couple of walls on my coops, then ended up replacing them with hardware cloth on all 4 sides. I put up clear plastic/shower curtains and tarps during the winter to block the wind. It is so hot here in East Texas, that I need all the breeze I can get.

This is basically what mine looks like now. It was a 30x30 horse bar. I turned 3 of the stalls into 2-3 coops. I have 2 coops that I have combined into one. By putting up a partial wall, I can convert it back to 3 coops if needed. There have been a few minor changes since this pic, but it's still basically the same. I do plan on making some changes hopefully over the summer.

Yeah having air flow was a concern of mine. We normally have a good south breeze so I'm hoping it keeps the coop cool enough.

Have them all in the coop trying to get them trained this is their new home. So far so good.
20180321_205623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom