Older Hen

1998.JPG

yes her eye was watering not as much now the sound i hear is a gurgely airy sound i dont really know how to describe it but i dont think its wheezing. ive never had one of my girls have issues like this so im kinda lost in the area except for what i read and ask on here. she is in my house not with the rest of the flock i take her outside a several times during the day but she sleeps inside my house. yes as far as i can tell her crop was empty but she isnt hardly eating anything now.

Can you hold a couple other chickens and reach around and feel of their crops and how they feel, and then try to find hers. It might be the picture, but her crop looks big and puffy. That could be why she is sounding that way, and is not hungnry.

I have felt their crops before with food in them. hers doesnt feel big and fluffy. it must be the picture and the way she is standing. shes kinda holding her head and neck back into herself.i have tried to get her to eat the feed with the milk, tuna and scrambled eggs. she ate maybe 3 bites. im so sad i really dont know what to do at this point she has taken maybe one sip of water today. almost everytime she tries to eat she starts shaking her head. i even hold it up high for her so she doesnt have to bend down and she still shakes it.

today she tried eating some mac and cheese she had alot of trouble getting it down and she only got a couple down, after that the best way i can describe her breathing is it sounded like a life support machine the way the air sounds.

So sorry that she is having so much trouble breathing and eating. I would just do as Wyorp Rock has said, to offer wet runny food. You can make a watery mush with chicken feed and a lot of water. Can you take her to a vet in the morning?

Back
Top Bottom