OLDER HENS ATTACKED MY PULLETS :(

brig101508

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 20, 2015

My older girls attached my barred rock :( help. What do I need to do? As far as I can see its a bad flesh wound. I couldn't see much so I had to give her a bath. I can try to get a better picture but I didnt wanna stress her out any more. I moved her alone in a box with a blanket underneath her to keep wound clean.... should I use that blue wound stugf or just let it heal on its own? How long until I can put her back outside? Ugh any help/ advice is greatly appreciated thanks.

The bluecoat will cover up the fact that she's wounded from the other birds, they won't peck at the blue it's not appetizing like red is. But if she's low enough in the pecking order that the other birds already did that, you should keep her separate for a little while anyway... it'll be easier to keep the wound clean and make sure it's not getting infected if you just keep her away from the others for a while. If it's more than say three days that you have to keep her separated, go slow with the reintroduction unless of course she's isolated in view of the other chickens...
Welcome to BYC and post in the emergency section for more responses... More pics will help to, good luck.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your hen! It looks like a rather serious injury. I would definitely post in the Emergencies section for more help. Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom