Older pullet and younger roo

Hey, wanted to share with you Penny and myself while trying to show her the others without freaking out!

9241_dsc00187a.jpg

I'll never give up getting them together...at some point they will learn to tolerate each other!!!

Spook;
Thanks for the pic.
Penny, looks like a Sumatra, is that correct? Are Lucy-Lu, Scooter and Kathleen, all Sumatras?

When I went to the New Ulm poultry show, my youngest son wanted a Sumatra. He thought they looked cool. My 11 year old thought it was very uncool to be there period! He thinks he's 14. And no he does not have nor will he have a cell phone, not for quite some time.

I did not know that if you delete your uploads you cannot access your pics! Oh well live and learn. I feel foolish now.

Newchicks;
Are you back from Iowa yet? Did the weather cooperate for you? I am off tomorrow for the Hutchinson MN poultry show. I'm looking forward to doing some trading and seeing some new stuff. I'll take some pics to share of interesting things for all of you to see.

Mrs. Chicken went to the country this afternoon to spend a romantic weekend with Mr. C. It is the first time they have seen each other in a month and a half. I also took the 2, just over, two month old EE cockerels along to live in the country.
This is the first time I have seen Mr. C in that period of time as well. He has grown into a very handsome bird. Country life suits him well. He had the whole farm to himself. I forgot to take the camera.
After 5 minutes it was as if they had never been apart. They were all together eating gravel and "landscaping", with not a harsh tone between them. I think he is glad to have the company.
Mrs. C will stay for a few days, then she will come back here and I will hopefully have some fertile eggs for hatching.
The little cockerels followed the truck for a ways as my son and I drove away from the farm yard as if to wave good bye and say "we'll be just fine"!

hey spook, how was your halloween. want to share a pic with you, are these orbs? this is the only pic i took that turned out gray like the flash had an issue
100_0456.jpg

oh and mario, well one of these 2 guys is mario
100_0423.jpg

and i love my cochins, is she going to be a std?

Last edited:
oh yes, they are orbs what a fun place! Looks awesome and the real ghosts were out too! Hope that guy of yours behaved ingesting all those treats! heeheee!

I am at a loss on Sumatra (?), I have her from a batch of blue and black Cochin's. Now Scooter and the girls (should have named them Tony Orlando and Dawn), he is a splash Cochin and the girls are "mottled" gray/charcoal. Beautiful temperament, just wish they would beat Penny up for a change.

We are using a "training" stick, when she charges after the girls, corners them, they stand butt out, head tucked in, penny pulls feathers and breaks them, I have been reaching out and tapping her on the back of the head - no I am NOT harming her- she gets testy and looks me straight in the eye. No fooling Penny, smarty.

I'm still working on them getting together. All in due time. Oh, as for Scooter, he is the man...I went to let him out this morning and he crowed 2 times for me, I opened the door to the hutch and he came out and did the "baby do ya wanna" dance - to ME! LoL.

Have a wonderful evening! Take care.

Spook;

Taking a second look at your pic, I see where I erred thinking it was a Sumatra! Guess I had them on my mind when I saw the photo! Any luck yet with the integration?

Still a big no. I think she likes them, hanging out with them, but they are still afearing she will boink them! And, she does.
I used the chick stick and tapped her 2 days in a row and it made her mad and she beat everyone up more cause she thought it was them, when she saw the stick in my lap, she stopped being mean to them, when I sat the stick down, she went back at them! Chickens ain't s'posed to be this smart...are they? (doesn't say much about me...the chicken is out doing me!)
Speaking of smart chickens, lol, I made a smaller fenced in area for the birds to eat grass and scratch in around the bushes...thought, eh, I'd leave them out alone for a while. Came in, 'bout 1/2 hour, we all know what they can get into in half hour...I couldn't see them out in their area, noticed movement and there is jojo with just her head peeking around the bumper of the SUV. She hid quickly. Frieda poked her whole body around and started to sing!LOL, what a freak. I went out, there they were, all trying to get up to a bush to hide. Needless to say they all were just having fun! wrangling them is easy, a bit of scratch and they run for mama!
Have a great day Mr&MrsC...any signs of romance in your coop?

Back
Top Bottom