Olive Egger genetics question

BooBooMagoo

Chirping
Jul 2, 2022
This may be an impossible question to answer given my limited knowledge of the backgrounds of the two parents in question, however I’m going to ask it. Dad is a presumed F1 OE hatched from a Blue egg. (I hatched him from shipped “rainbow” eggs.) Dad clearly has some Marans and Ameraucana. Mom unknown..no evidence of either of those two breeds. She lays green…not olive, but green. Mom was a chipmunk looking chick and as an adult has faint speckles.

She’s just hatched 3 babies. A chipmunk, Blue and Black or very dark blue, not sure yet…the blue and black have white spots on their heads. She’s previously hatched 5 other of her own chicks with another rooster…no white spots. 2 are definitely female, don’t know yet on the other 3.

So here’s the question..In this particular case, do the white spots mean anything? I’ve always associated the white spots with barring and sex links.

Pics of both attached. Like I said, this may be an impossible question but I’m curious.

Attachments

• IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    878.6 KB · Views: 14
I’ll be darned, she is. I always thought those were speckles like she had some speckled Sussex or Swedish flower hen in her. Thanks Moonshiner!

Back
Top Bottom