Olive Egger

_Kelley_

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
Hi! I ordered Sophie our olive-egger pullet from Dare 2 Dream farms. I’m so curious what she could be a mix of. Her gray and white semi-barred coloring and deep orange eyes make me think cuckoo Maran but I’m not sure what other breed I see in her. Any ideas? She’s next to our Barred Rock in one of the pictures.

Attachments

• 6C7E4669-9232-480B-AF0C-B349BE19D57A.jpeg
    6C7E4669-9232-480B-AF0C-B349BE19D57A.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 9E3E45C7-16BB-4E8C-8441-355820D3919D.jpeg
    9E3E45C7-16BB-4E8C-8441-355820D3919D.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 82
Hi! I ordered Sophie our olive-egger pullet from Dare 2 Dream farms. I’m so curious what she could be a mix of. Her gray and white semi-barred coloring and deep orange eyes make me think cuckoo Maran but I’m not sure what other breed I see in her. Any ideas? She’s next to our Barred Rock in one of the pictures.
How old is she? I would like to watch this thread, I have an olive egger that looks exactly the same, except ours has a way bigger comb and is getting close to point of lay. I want to see what other breeds people see in yours cause I'm curious of possibilities of what my girl could be 🥰 (ours also has same semi-barred coloring and deep orange eyes.) I could get a picture of her later and show you if you want. 😁

How old is she? I would like to watch this thread, I have an olive egger that looks exactly the same, except ours has a way bigger comb and is getting close to point of lay. I want to see what other breeds people see in yours cause I'm curious of possibilities of what my girl could be 🥰 (ours also has same semi-barred coloring and deep orange eyes.) I could get a picture of her later and show you if you want. 😁
She's about 18-19 weeks old :)

Post of picture of your girl! What color legs does she have?
As you can see much more comb/waddle development. She has yellow legs but the lighting makes them look orange? They are inside today cause it is pouring where we are right now 😅. She's getting close to laying, cause I measured her pin bones and right now they are 2 fingers wide, so we'll see 🤞.
IMG_1100.jpg

We got our olive egger from Dare 2 Dream Farms too! Our girl is approximately 16 weeks old. I've been super curious about what she's crossed with too. She has the look of a Barred Rock. She's smart as a whip and top of the pecking order. This is Elvira.

Attachments

• elvira.jpg
    elvira.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 51
We got our olive egger from Dare 2 Dream Farms too! Our girl is approximately 16 weeks old. I've been super curious about what she's crossed with too. She has the look of a Barred Rock. She's smart as a whip and top of the pecking order. This is Elvira.
She might be a normal BR. I don’t see any Olive Egger in her.

Back
Top Bottom