Olive Egger

Hi! I ordered Sophie our olive-egger pullet from Dare 2 Dream farms. I’m so curious what she could be a mix of. Her gray and white semi-barred coloring and deep orange eyes make me think cuckoo Maran but I’m not sure what other breed I see in her. Any ideas? She’s next to our Barred Rock in one of the pictures.
I think she may be a cross between a Cream legbar rooster over black copper marans hen. This cross produces the dark barring and a very slight crest. Can't really see in your photo. Does she have a crest?:)

Hi! Just checking in :) How's your Olive? Did she start laying?
She's doing great! No eggs yet though! But I'm hoping we should get some soon 🤞 I'm thinking she's just gonna be a bit of a late layer. Here's an updated pic!
IMG_1270.jpg

I think she may be a cross between a Cream legbar rooster over black copper marans hen. This cross produces the dark barring and a very slight crest. Can't really see in your photo. Does she have a crest?:)
Thank you for your response. I can tell you have a lot of chicken knowledge :) I'm a chicken novice, by 'crest' do you mean comb? Her comb is very slight/small. I'm going to google "hen crest"

I'm surprised at how pronounced her back and white barring is. She looks like she could be my barred rock's sister but her barring is slightly less defined and its a dark gray and white. Also compared to my Barred Rock she's taller and leaner, the BR seems more stout. Also her eyes are bright orange, they really stand out compared to the rest of my flock (Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock).

The birght orange eyes are from her Black copper marans parent most likely. The crest is a puff of feathers at the top of the head. In cream leg bars they lay flat and can raise them up when alarmed. Crosses normally have smaller versions of them. :)

She's doing great! No eggs yet though! But I'm hoping we should get some soon 🤞 I'm thinking she's just gonna be a bit of a late layer. Here's an updated pic! View attachment 2370564
She's doing great! No eggs yet though! But I'm hoping we should get some soon 🤞 I'm thinking she's just gonna be a bit of a late layer. Here's an updated pic! View attachment 2370564
Ooooh! Pretty girl! Look at that red comb and waddle. I bet she's going to lay soon! Thanks for sharing.

The birght orange eyes are from her Black copper marans parent most likely. The crest is a puff of feathers at the top of the head. In cream leg bars they lay flat and can raise them up when alarmed. Crosses normally have smaller versions of them. :)
She has essentially no crest! I looked up the creme leg bar's beautiful crest... its nothing like that. Check her out

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Olive1.PNG
    Olive1.PNG
    6.4 MB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom