Olive's breed?

lswatson111304

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Milano, TX
Ok, so a few weeks back ya'll guessed Olive is a girl. Now I'm wondering what breed mix ya'll think she might be?

2011-12-09102354.jpg

2011-12-09102329.jpg

2011-12-09102243.jpg

2011-12-09102218.jpg

red sex link or ee(i dont really think shes ee theres no careaturistics(sp) of an ee) dont really know but gives you a bump up

looks like both. there are a lot of EEs out there that are very much sex link looking. likely crossed with leghorn to produce bluer egg. note not bread but still has pea comb. probably a good layer when the time comes of clear blue or bluegreen eggs.

It's an easter egger. Notice the green legs and the pea comb ( or it looks like a pea )?

EE's are mutts, and anything which has been mixed with them or Ameraucana/Araucana blood is an EE.

Clear blue means they're actually blue and not blue-green, a sky blue if you will.

She looks like a pretty mix. Some of her feathers look to have some (light) barring on them. I think that crossing a yellow leg chicken to a blue (maybe black too) leg chicken you could get green legged offspring. I think that she it the outcome of at least one parent (if not both) being a cross themselves. Yes, this would include a EE, but I really don't know what she is except a mix. I have gotten some pretty crazy colors and patterns from mixes breed with mixes.
smile.png
If she does lay a blue, green, or anything in between...then I think it would be safe to say that one parent was a EE.

Back
Top Bottom