Olive's breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lswatson111304, Dec 9, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Ok, so a few weeks back ya'll guessed Olive is a girl. Now I'm wondering what breed mix ya'll think she might be?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    red sex link or ee(i dont really think shes ee theres no careaturistics(sp) of an ee) dont really know but gives you a bump up

3. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    looks like both. there are a lot of EEs out there that are very much sex link looking. likely crossed with leghorn to produce bluer egg. note not bread but still has pea comb. probably a good layer when the time comes of clear blue or bluegreen eggs.

4. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    What does clear blue mean? I would love it if she lays colorful eggs although my beautiful cream eggs excite me too!

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    It's an easter egger. Notice the green legs and the pea comb ( or it looks like a pea )?

EE's are mutts, and anything which has been mixed with them or Ameraucana/Araucana blood is an EE.

Clear blue means they're actually blue and not blue-green, a sky blue if you will.

6. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    She looks like a pretty mix. Some of her feathers look to have some (light) barring on them. I think that crossing a yellow leg chicken to a blue (maybe black too) leg chicken you could get green legged offspring. I think that she it the outcome of at least one parent (if not both) being a cross themselves. Yes, this would include a EE, but I really don't know what she is except a mix. I have gotten some pretty crazy colors and patterns from mixes breed with mixes. [​IMG] If she does lay a blue, green, or anything in between...then I think it would be safe to say that one parent was a EE.

7. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    EE or a mix

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by