Olivia is BROODY! Olivia is broody! Happy Dance!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I can relate. I have a weird one too right now. Wish she'd go ahead and set already.

They are silly girls sometimes, aren't they? My Buff Orp Sunny has been my only broody up till now. She's been broody twice in her lifespan of two and a half years and I was thinking she'd be broody by now, but no signs of it yet.
Olivia is named after a neighbor's family member. She's this very prim and proper little girl about 11 years old with long blonde hair who absolutely adores my chickens. When she comes to visit the neighbor, she also has to visit her namesake.

Oh Cyn, I'm so jealous. I want any one of my girls to go broody. I'm sure Gabe is covering all of them now - he is such a good roo, just like his daddy to the girls - and I would love some chicks. The poofy head sisters are so cute, way to go Livvy.

Candled Olivia's three eggs. One has a blood ring, one may have started developing and stopped and one of them, Lexie's egg, is growing well. I left the good one and the one that has minor veining in it under her. The feedstore is getting some Silver and Gold Laced Wyandotte pullet chicks in two or three days before her egg is due to hatch, so I may slip a couple of those underneath her at night, especially since I lost my SLW Lacy recently and Lorelei looks like she's probably suffering from the same reproductive issue that Lacy died from. Day 10 is starting now on the one good egg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom