Olympics

The opening ceremony was pretty spectacular. I don't usually watch the opening, but since I have tivo and can fast forward anything I don't care for, I decided to watch it this year. I think my favorite was the movable type blocks. I am amazed that that was done by people and not hydraulics.

Wish I had seen the opening ceremonies. I don't think I'll have time to watch much else. I'm not a big fan of China either so it was a turn off for me to have it there. No offense intended towards anyone who may be from there.

I enjoyed it - all of it - even the funny marching with the flag.

Notice too that 50% of the USA team had their hats on askew. LOVELY.
hmm.png

i am boycotting the olympics.

Bejing has done some terrible things in preparing for the events. Hundreds of older citizens no longer have homes because the Bejing government decided to raize those homes and build the olympic stadium. These people were not given any other housing options and are now living on the streets.

Thousands of cats and dogs were seized, captured and rounded up. The government said it was "to stop rabbies" and caused panic in their own people. These animals were crammed in small cages, stacked upon one another and stacked on pallets. Then loaded into a metal shed and left there to die.

The Tibetan people have severly suffered at the hands of the Bejing government.

All of these actions are atrocious and I let my elected officials know my thoughts. My household and some others I know are also not watching the games this year.

I dont think that they should have had them in China. After all the lead poisoning in childrens toys, and the deadly pet food. They should have found a better place than china.

Plus, the first day of the Olympics 3 people get stabbed, and 1 dies from their wounds by some crazy china man, who then jumped off a building. Obviously they didnt want us there in the first place.

Last edited:
Quote:
Every country has their fair share of trouble/issues. there would be no place to hold the Olympic's if we started being picky about it.
I try avoid anything made in China myself, but thats not really a reason for them NOT to host the games.

I LOVE the Olympics. Even as a kid I'd watch every second of it I could. I'm one of those people who can't wait for the next Olympics. Definately one of my favorite things to watch, funny since I am not a sporty person at all.

GO AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah and USA
tongue.png

My kids are already asking who they should cheer for. My 13 year old cheers for both but my 5 year old told us he was AMERICAN and hoped Australia loses even though Grandma lives there. LMAO

Sorry and I do have to confess I was rooting for the Latvians to beat the US men's team in beach volleyball. My father is Latvian and my Mother English so really I have 4 countries to root for.

Last edited:
Hmm imagine that... Didn't even know it was going on. I haven't watched the Olympics since I was a little kid. Maybe after I get the boys in bed, I'll do some channel surfing.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom