Omelet fencing

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Meeshmom, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Meeshmom

Meeshmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone have any experience with this fencing? fencing

2. Irishhenman

Irishhenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    Ireland
    If you don't need it to look good, you will save a lot of money by just buying a role of chicken wire and cutting some branches to 3-4' in length to use as supports. Omlet fencing is not secure enough for a full time run (either is chicken wire), a fox would go through it with little or no trouble at all but it is fine for a day time pen to give them extra space

3. sarahandbray

sarahandbray Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2014
    I don't have that brand, but I do have electric poultry fencing from Premier that's been great so far!
    We got the 164' Poultry Net, 48" high, double spiked + the Hot Gate + the Kube 4000 energizer. Was tough to pick, but this is what my research lead me to. Rather embarrassed to say that I put another 164' section on my Christmas Wish List already ;) Easy shopping for hubby this year!!

It's not cheap, but none of it really is in the already-put-together netting department. :(
    Does make me feel very safe when I lock my chicks in at night--the coop is in the middle of this pasture and I know it works well--our 90-lb Ridgeback touched it out of curiosity on day 1 and yiped big time! Sulked away after that ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by