OMG First time ordering eggs ever.

here is my method for detached air cells:

rest for 24 hours upright,
begin raising temperature over 8+ hours from 65-75-85-90 before putting in the incubator. slow rise means they won't sweat or be shocked by the increase. I use a space heater in my bathroom to regulate the temperature.

do not turn for the first 36 hours to 48 hours (1 and a half days to 2 days).

do not candle or remove from the incubator at all until day 15. It takes TWO WEEKS for the membrane to heal. if you remove the egg and roll it all around in your hand before then, you risk separating the membrane again. you can candle directly in the incubator without taking them out, if you like. I also don't toss any eggs for infertility until day 15.

stop turning early at day 16

leave them in cartons with the bottom cut out, or in your auto-turner turned off, for hatch. for detached eggs I leave them upright through hatch day.

Thanks for the great advice I let the eggs settle at room temp for 24 hrs but already put them in the bator befor I read your reply. But I did turn the turner off. How long should I leave it off? Also for some reason the temp on my bator went up to 104 last night. Hatching eggs is stressful lol.

I do not turn for the first 36 hours to 48 hours (1 and a half days to 2 days) after placing them in the incubator.

I do not candle or remove from the incubator at all until day 15. It takes TWO WEEKS for the membrane to heal. if you remove the egg and roll it all around in your hand before then, you risk separating the membrane again. you can candle directly in the incubator without taking them out, if you like. I also don't toss any eggs for infertility until day 15.

I stop turning early at day 16

I leave them in cartons with the bottom cut out, or in your auto-turner turned off, for hatch. for detached eggs I leave them upright through hatch day. :)

Temperature: if it was only for a little bit that it went to 104F, there is no way the internal temperature of the egg also got to 104F. It takes longer for the internal egg temperature to rise after you raise the incubator temperature, so it depends how long it sat at 104

Ok so now that they are in the bator put them in yesterday at about 6 prior to that they were in the carton resting how long befor I turn the turner on maybe I will just not candle this batch. lol how about my barn yard mix they have been in the bator sense sat. and all seem to have extremely small airsacks is this normal? there humidity was down around 25 degrees to 39 degrees but has increased to 40 degrees the last couple days I have not added any water is that normal?

Ok so now that they are in the bator put them in yesterday at about 6 prior to that they were in the carton resting how long befor I turn the turner on maybe I will just not candle this batch.
if you can resist removing them and shaking up/detaching the air cell that would be best! at least til day 15.
you can candle directly down into the incubator without removing them if you are very impatient like me

Quote: I think you mean % not degrees ?
but yes that sounds perfect! very normal

you are going for 25-45% humidity. make sure you have an external hygrometer to measure humidity, the hygrometer on my storebought styrofoam incubator is 10% off!! useless.

right now the eggs are evaporating, and the moisture loss is causing the humidity changes you are seeing. everything is going well!

Back
Top Bottom