OMG guess what I just bought on Craigslist?

Buck Creek thank you for all your help. I think I may need a new wafer, but I will wait for the instructions first. Also a new latch on the bottom. I didn't know they still made zytron thermometers, Wow I will have to check into that!

Kathy, now don't go putting thoughts into my head.... hmmmmmmm oh boy I am in trouble!

Mahroni, I pm'd you with the info.

What is the real egg capacity of a Model 21? Did they make multiple sizes of that model because I've read conflicting numbers for the egg capacity on different websites.

I run GQF Sportsmans and have had good luck with them (hatch rates: RIRs @ 97%, BRs @ 94% and Wellies @ 100%). They also have an egg capacity of 288 normal chicken eggs (single stacked, I haven't tried to double stack). I need more capacity this Spring so I was planning on purchasing a couple more used Sportsmans, however, I have always admired the workmanship of the old style Redwood cabinet incubators and have looked for ones I could restore.

I can't tell you yet because I don't have a manual, but it should hold alot! Two trays and you could use the hatching tray on the bottom but would need to hand turn them. If I had to guess about 200.

Are the dimensions I found of 22"W x 20"D x 32"H pretty accurate? If so, that is slightly taller than a Sportsman with nearly the same size footprint (440-450 sq in). That makes sense for about 100 eggs in a tray. However, the Sportsman has three turning trays and a hatching bin where the Humidaire model 21 only has two turning racks and a hatching bin? If so, I wonder how hard it would be to adapt it to take another turning rack.

Yes that is about right. Without my tape measure which is in the other room with the sleeping DH I have to guess. But it is big! I will measure tomorrow.
I don't think you could add another turner in there unless you drilled a hole in and put the cord through the wood, but I am no electrician!

My husband has a Humidaire # 50. Does anyone know where to get a manual or know how to use it? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom